• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

Re: Bahrain kills and beats protesters - Obama silent

#11602 3 years, 3 months ago
"Every news organization imo has an agenda."

I disagree...but even if you are right, to what degree? I don't see anything remotely close to the tactics Fox employs coming from the left.

Then you are naive...with all due respect. ALL mainstream media networks have an agenda. ALL OF THEM.

They are all corporate tools just like everyone else directly involved with the government. I will agree that Rupert Murdoch most likely has an agenda that is more funded and focused on than the left wing news organizations but they are all guilty of the same bullshit. You have to seek out your news and sift through the bullshit partisan politics to get through to the truth. I hate our government. If I had my way I would tear the whole building down and start over. If our founding fathers could see the government today they would most likely hang the lot of them.

We need our own revolution. The time for action is now.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Okie.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#11603 3 years, 3 months ago
Is bahrain a new bobby tune?
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#11606 3 years, 3 months ago
hahahaha thats funny
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#11608 3 years, 3 months ago
The thing that bothers me about the current political situation is that nobody seems interested in building coalitions anymore. That used to be the hallmark of a great politician. There are always going to be ideological differences but politics used to be about trying to find some common ground for the good of the country. I think Obama gets that but the mood in Washington is so self-righteous and hostile, on both sides of the aisle. I mean politicians don't even seem to be trying to win new converts. They just want to preach to the choir and that's a dangerous thing. If you're not even open to the idea of trying to sway someone with a different opinion than yours, then your mind is totally closed. And a mind like that, with no fresh input, can't help but rot.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#11609 3 years, 3 months ago
There are always going to be ideological differences but politics used to be about trying to find some common ground for the good of the country

Now it's just two teenage siblings fighting over everygoddamnedthing....

NO END IN SIGHT.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Okie.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#11616 3 years, 3 months ago
Agreed.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds