• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

Re: Bahrain kills and beats protesters - Obama silent

#11539 3 years, 6 months ago
Every news organization imo has an agenda.

And it's been my experience that when a replublican is in the white house, dems do everything they can to make him look bad so they can get a democrat in the white house. And when a democrat is in the white house, republicans do the same.

And it's all at the expense of the american people..

The left may not have gotten us into this but the policies of Clinton didn't help anything.

No one is innocent or virtuous when it comes to this imo. I loathe both sides.
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11547 3 years, 6 months ago
"Every news organization imo has an agenda."
I disagree...but even if you are right, to what degree? I don't see anything remotely close to the tactics Fox employs coming from the left.

I didn't mention the setup smear tactics...the right used this against Acorn. This oKeefe scumbag is trying this tactic against Planned Parenthood and NPR and somehow people believe that one thing said to a setup man with a hidden video menns a whole organization is crooked and Fox, Rush and the rest of the shouters fan the hate flames to such a degree that I find it hard to believe anyone can view this and say both sides are the same. Bullshit.

Do you think it was helpful that we were held in limbo while they lynched Clinton? Sure he did the deed but they went after him not to seek justice but to put him out of power. With the Repubs it's never about justice, they just want control of everything.

The Koch brothers spend many millions to fund studies, supposedly "scientific" ones to discredit the global warming theories. They buy results, news. Same way they purchased Walker..it's there, plain to see, take a look. Dems don't sink this low, sorry, wrong number.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11553 3 years, 6 months ago
somehow people believe that one thing said to a setup man with a hidden video menns a whole organization is crooked and Fox,<<

Fip the script and say it was an undercover operation with a camera on someone with Fox news instead of NPR. And lets say the person being interviewed said the exact same thing but instead of teabaggers let say he was talking about democrats or the left.

You'd be screaming for his blood. You'd say the whole organization was crooked as a back holler road.

Sorry. Right number.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11555 3 years, 6 months ago
Sure he did the deed but they went after him not to seek justice but to put him out of power.<<

Well he did lie under oath. guess since it's ole bill you think he should get a pass.

ones to discredit the global warming theories.<<

oh and global warming is one step above phrenology in my opinion.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Strummer101er.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11569 3 years, 6 months ago
Seeing Clinton "lie" under oath was strikingly similar to the McCarthy era when they forced many good people, great Americans to sit there and sell out their friends and/or admit they are Commies..these tactics, digging up dirt, making a legal charge, cornering an individual and smearing their name is something you might call...ok, I'll say facist. It's a power grab veiled as an indignant legal move to expose an immoral element..it's a goddamn waste of our time and you probably know it deep down.

You appear to be a Clash fan, you should see through that crap. The left doesn't go there, never will and I'd be the 1st to call them out if they wasted our time to go after Repub strongholds or leaders to seize power when the middle class, working class..most Americans...the majority.. need them to do their freakin jobs instead of attacking the other side while pretending to do good..we are better than that.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11572 3 years, 6 months ago
The left is just as fucked up as the right. The only difference is that the left uses lube.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11573 3 years, 6 months ago
Riveting line, cool.

I encourage you to look into the life of Arthur Miller, another great American they smeared..his buddy sold him out, under oath. He wrote The Crucible, about the Salem witch hunt, as a parallel study to what was going on in the good ole USA again, at that time. As a bonus he married Marilyn. I had the honor of working for Arthur, his gardener for a spell. Kind man, very quiet, smart. What the conservative rightwing thugs did to him and others disguised as a legal proceeding should make every American ashamed for a moment. Both sides the same? Not even close. The newborn right is no different.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11575 3 years, 6 months ago
haha I've got a HUAC connection too. Elia Kazan filmed Baby Doll on my people's land in Benoit, Mississippi and became a close friend of my great uncle (who played the sheriff in the movie). He used to come down and go fox hunting.

And yes, I know of Miller.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11583 3 years, 6 months ago
"Fip the script and say it was an undercover operation with a camera on someone with Fox news instead of NPR. And lets say the person being interviewed said the exact same thing but instead of teabaggers let say he was talking about democrats or the left.
You'd be screaming for his blood. You'd say the whole organization was crooked as a back holler road."

Well, you appear to know more about me that I do..from what I know from years of being me, I would have the opposite reaction. I would wonder about that particular situation and actually study the orginization before forming an opinion unlike these Rush led teabaggers..they have no clue, really..I understand context..that is kinda important.

..and I wouldn't be down with the setup tactics..that crap is getting old.

I don't follow the left like a sheep, I'm no Fox dummy. Again, that wasteful smear blame game is played by the right. You see that, surely even if you are drinking some Missi mountain dew.
Lynx
Visitor

#11596 3 years, 6 months ago
Listening to the back-and-forth between you two has been interesting. I'm not sure you two are intellectual equals... but I'll refrain from divulging who I think is the superior (I just made myself laugh). If I may offer a fucked-up, non-sesical thought born of chronic insomnia, valium, Jack Daniels, Rolling Rock, and....

I think this whole "left/right" thing is inherently inaccurate. It implies a one-dimentional line segment that we must position ourselves upon. Depending on where were choose to identify ourselves politically upon that line segment we may be in the middle, slightly left or right or the middle, or out towards either terminus. Now, imagine if you will not a one-dimensional line segment, but 3-dimentional sphere, where our political position can be plotted as not just in terms of left/right, but also up/down and forward/back. Now imagine that our position can change as we experience new things and change our world view. So now we have gone from not just one dimension of space to three, but to three dimensions of space plus a fourth dimension of time. I view our political views as moving points in a four dimensional, spherical political universe.

Fuck it I'm tired and going to bed. Probably just to lay there and stare at the ceiling worrying about stuff that I can never control.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by .
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds