#11395 3 years, 4 months ago
How about economic sanctions?
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

Re: Bahrain kills and beats protesters - Obama silent

#11399 3 years, 4 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
yes, an all out assault on our food supply is as bad as going after the public sector, which Obama hasn't done much to protect now, has he? Shit, the Dems extended tax cuts to the republicans' power base. Windfall to the insurance industry disguised as health care reform (where is the public option?).

My solution is that instead of keeping on voting for the lesser of two evils (which means you are voting for evil) vote third party.

Agreed on both points.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#11415 3 years, 4 months ago
Anarchy
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
aliatic
Fresh Boarder

#11435 3 years, 4 months ago
What do we trade with Bahrain and will that have more impact on their gov't or the people who want to demonstrate against it? or any impact at all? If they aren't all that dependent on us, not sure that sanctions would do anything but hurt us economically.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11436 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm sure we buy oil from them. Also can go to the UN and get an embargo put in place. UN hasn't taken up the matter, nor Syria, Yemen, etc.

Why did we act in Libya but not elsewhere?
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

#11515 3 years, 4 months ago
its simple . I WANT MY GAS TO BE CHEAP !!!! who ever gets in the way should be bombed , if not in the way leave em alone .
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11517 3 years, 4 months ago
I WANT MY GAS TO BE CHEAP !!!! who ever gets in the way should be bombed <<

yep, don't wanna miss summer tour do ya
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11527 3 years, 4 months ago
It's really simple to me...Obama is trying to create a level playing field for the middle class.. he didn't want to extend that tax break and is now moving to put it back in place. Bush, like Reagan gave his rich buddies a ton of cash claiming trickle down is a solid strategy..it wasn't, twice...obviously.

The Repubs spend time trying to push moral agenda (abortion) and blatantly attack any outlet for opinions other than theirs. I see evil in that, the Dems are not playing that game.

You're playing into the hands of the true masters of war and greed, the billionaires who fund the Repubs if you continue to waste time attacking Obama..he's not the problem. It's exactly what the true enemy wants so keep it up but don't cry if a Repub wins the next election and you get to see true evil at work..They should write you a letter of thanks for this opinion.

Monsanto is a mistake, just like NAFTA was..it honestly sickens me as a professional organic gardener.. but to equate that with the current power grab and destruction of Planned Parenthood, NPR, etc. is verging on ridiculous..ok, it IS ridiculous, just doesn't match in any way.

Obama silent? Guess you missed it..
www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/19/us-ba...dUSTRE71H5L420110219
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11533 3 years, 4 months ago
and blatantly attack any outlet for opinions other than theirs<<

lol kinda like the left does?
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11537 3 years, 4 months ago
"lol kinda like the left does? "
how so? you think MSNBC is the same as Fox? One is news with occasional biased opinion pieces, the other is pure propanganda, all opinion, often shouted for effect. When have the Dems gone after traditional Repub strongholds using the economy as an excuse? When the Dems had the #s they didn't waste time trying to seize power and destroy opposition like a pack of rabid dogs. The left didn't get us into this mess, people forget that.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds