• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

Re: Just want to say high

#11213 3 years, 3 months ago
Audio files sent for you to download. let me know what you think of it.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#11214 3 years, 3 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
Audio files sent for you to download. let me know what you think of it.

Holy High Quality . At work now will def check out tonight.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11221 3 years, 3 months ago
It's high quality music why wouldn't I send a high quality file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#11253 3 years, 3 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
It's high quality music why wouldn't I send a high quality file?

Couldn't ask for much better then that! Cant wait to listen.
judit
Junior Boarder

#11263 3 years, 3 months ago
Hey Richie, here you are... enjoy.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11267 3 years, 3 months ago
"I'd much rather play music than watch it being played"
I'm finally at this point after all these years of playing guitar. Bluegrass guitar flatpicking is not easy but damn fun after a few years of steady practice. I play in one practice group and am starting another. The next hurdle is playing out in front of others. I get nervous as hell and the guitar neck seems to move around on me when I'm anywhere near a stage. I'm ripping solos with my buddies and just need to play these open picks and open mic nights enough to get that same comfort zone.

I'm having a ton of fun reaching this new level and find myself calling to get jams together rather than looking for shows to go to more often than not.

I remember seeing Grismans great bands in the late 70's, early 80's and then there were shows like the 1st Garcia-Grisman at the Warfield and just being in complete awe..thinking "why bother practicing solos? I'm a strummer". It appeared to be an impossible goal..until I started practicing fiddle tunes, then I was hooked.

I have a Parliment story..I was driving cross country, solo..it was almost midnight and I was just outside Kansas City, stopped at a gas station and was looking for rolling papers in the tiny concession booth. The guy laughed real loud, said my timing sucked and pointed to a huge tour bus parked outside. "They just bought the whole box, now I'm out. You should knock on the door." I just took it as a sign to get back on the road, needed to get another hour of driving in anyway. Would you guys have given me a paper?
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11271 3 years, 3 months ago
Must've been the crew bus (where I ride and hang), that's where the schmee heads are. Bus had a trailer, right?

We would have invited you on the bus and schmeed you out. Taken you into the show too.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11276 3 years, 3 months ago
There wasn't a trailer, just a bus. I was torn because I knew whoever was inside would probably get a kick out of my situation and we'd get along so well I'd lose alot of time. I wanted badly to get to the Rockies, the Southwest and always try to hurry through the plains. I'm all about Arches, Bryce, Canyonlands, Capitol Reefness. Ever play guitar in desolate places like that, in the desert? it's pretty high.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11279 3 years, 3 months ago
Used to play with a band based in Denver called U.S. Pipe and the Balls Johnson Dance Machine.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#11284 3 years, 3 months ago
I was travelling cross country with a buddy and we decided to check out Red Rocks. It was a weekday afternoon and noone was there. We just walked right in so we decided to go grab our guitars and play onstage. So I can say I played at Red Rocks.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds