• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

Just want to say high

#11166 3 years, 6 months ago
Been hearing about this place on the Philzone and figured I'd come and check it out.

I am a musician and play with several bands including my free jazz/rock/folk trio Who Knows? with Perry Robinson and Mark Whitecage, Star '69, a Grateful Dead tribute band, the 420 Funk Mob and P-Funk as well as many others. I used to follow the Grateful Dead around and then Phil and Friends. Stopped following bands around when I started touring with P-Funk, I'd much rather play music than watch it being played. I saw Furthur once, they played after us at Nateva and I have to say that I was not moved by them.

Anyway, that's who I am. Who are y'all?
jazfish
Junior Boarder

Re: Just want to say high

#11168 3 years, 6 months ago
72 hours from 6:00 AM on 4/12/2011. Good Luck.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by jazfish.
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#11173 3 years, 6 months ago
Hey Ritchie!

Good morning Jazfish!

Hello Furthurites!

peace

whitey-x & evie moonflower
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#11187 3 years, 6 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
Been hearing about this place on the Philzone and figured I'd come and check it out.

I am a musician and play with several bands including my free jazz/rock/folk trio Who Knows? with Perry Robinson and Mark Whitecage, Star '69, a Grateful Dead tribute band, the 420 Funk Mob and P-Funk as well as many others. I used to follow the Grateful Dead around and then Phil and Friends. Stopped following bands around when I started touring with P-Funk, I'd much rather play music than watch it being played. I saw Furthur once, they played after us at Nateva and I have to say that I was not moved by them.

Anyway, that's who I am. Who are y'all?

I actually saw you open for the 1st Mattson/Barracco show at Sullivan hall. We had a convo on the street after your set. Me and my friend both dug it a lot, you said the shaker was flat I believe, lol. Small world!
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11189 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks, man. I remember the conversation. I got a couple of gigs coming up weekend after next, Friday, teh 22nd at the 10/11 bar on Avenue C with Star '69 and the day after, Saturday, the 23rd, with Who Knows? (I play guitar and sing with them) at the Yippie! Cafe. I hope to schmee you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#11193 3 years, 6 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
Thanks, man. I remember the conversation. I got a couple of gigs coming up weekend after next, Friday, teh 22nd at the 10/11 bar on Avenue C with Star '69 and the day after, Saturday, the 23rd, with Who Knows? (I play guitar and sing with them) at the Yippie! Cafe. I hope to schmee you.

Cool man, would love to see ya play again. Love to be taken by surprise at gigs
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11201 3 years, 6 months ago
>>Cool man, would love to see ya play again. Love to be taken by surprise at gigs

Who Knows? will definitely take you by surprise as it takes us by surprise every gig. A jam band beyond jam bands. We go up with absolutely no notion what to play and start playing and allow the music to take us where may. Grooves, free, songs. The music truly plays the band.

If you'd like I can send you the audio of our last show.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#11202 3 years, 6 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
>>Cool man, would love to see ya play again. Love to be taken by surprise at gigs

Who Knows? will definitely take you by surprise as it takes us by surprise every gig. A jam band beyond jam bands. We go up with absolutely no notion what to play and start playing and allow the music to take us where may. Grooves, free, songs. The music truly plays the band.

If you'd like I can send you the audio of our last show.

Sure whats ur email. Ill bounce mine back at ya
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11204 3 years, 6 months ago
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#11206 3 years, 6 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

sent
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds