• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Mr. Carlie told me so

#111567 2 years, 6 months ago
I don't understand why Furthur want put this in there some where. I get no one can do it like pig pen. But this would be music to my ears.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Mr. Carlie told me so

#111589 2 years, 6 months ago
First off I wanna say we all know no one can do it quite like our man Pigpen!

When I saw the Dead in 09 Warren did a pretty good Mr. Charlie. Passable in my book anyway. I always wanted to hear Furthur's take on it. But then again I may not like it...

I think the only song I don't like to hear Furthur play is Good Morning Little Schoolgirl. It's no way gotten better than the orginial in my books. It was such a classic! I saw Phil and Friends perform it once and loved it! With Jackie on vocals. But furthurs take on it is really bad in my opinion.

But as far as the other Pig classics....John does great on Easy Wind I think the only thing missing is the harmonica! And I do love Bobby's Good Lovin but he did kinda take that over once Pig passed. but Bobby really needs to work on the Lovelight rapping. And Hard to Handle and Next Time You See Me are okay. The Next Time You See Me is kinda taking the path of the Schoolgirl so it's just barely passing by to me. And Two Souls with Chris Robinson on vocals is the best!

But if they did do a Mr. Charlie please have John on vocals! I think he will be able to pull it off great!

But give me a Good Lovin any day and they could never go wrong!

You may be weak, you may be blind. But a blind man knows when the sun is shining because he can feel it! Can you feel it? Good love!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Mr. Carlie told me so

#112153 2 years, 6 months ago
I could see Warren hitting Mr Charlie and doing it very well. We get 3 nights to see if Phil and Friends bust it out!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds