• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

this sounds crazy but

#111252 2 years, 7 months ago
I have discovered a new favorite gd song that you all probably already love. It's "she belongs to me".I thought i didnt care for the song and I probably didn't in my early years of listing but now I'm loving it. I think I heard on gd radio and so I went to the archive today and the first one I choose was Greek theater 85. I've must of listened about 6 times in a row. Jerry voice sounded so good and rich and his guitar just amazing. The recording is also very crisp.

I've never heard it live, I don't think. Has furthur done it, if so who's heard it and who sang it. I know can look to see if they have but I rather her from you guys.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: this sounds crazy but

#111259 2 years, 7 months ago
I don't think Furthur has done it.

I saw this 4.7.85 spectrum version ...what a jaw-dropper. Still get chills.

Knew it was Dylan, but took a couple days to learn the title. Found it on a bar jukebox.

No Vid but here's that Greek 85 you spoke about.

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#111261 2 years, 7 months ago
Furthur hasn't done it, but Bob did it solo acoustic in Bearsville and it was great. I love this song to, one of my favorite Dylan covers that the GD or any incarnation ever did.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#111264 2 years, 7 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Furthur hasn't done it, but Bob did it solo acoustic in Bearsville and it was great. I love this song to, one of my favorite Dylan covers that the GD or any incarnation ever did.

I didn't think I'd like this at all, but you're right, he does a nice job. More melodic than he often is these days. Not Jerry, but pretty!

The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, rockinbob
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#111292 2 years, 7 months ago
I think the dead only did this three times. I was at the the 4/7/85 show also and it was just incredible to hear. I think Furthur could do a good job with it. Thanks for the post, it brought back some kind memories.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#111294 2 years, 7 months ago
great tune, i love dylan lyrics, absolutely beautiful. love the version from backstage pass, youtube it if you have the time, very neat!

my band just picked this one up, sounds great.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
shellshocked
Junior Boarder

#111321 2 years, 7 months ago
I like the one ratdog did in Negril 1/31/10 heres a short 2 min video of it( the ending which is sort of shitty.)
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by shellshocked .
Time to create page: 3.62 seconds