• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: What needs to happen is...

#111411 2 years, 6 months ago
Bakes wrote:
You might be thinking of the JGB at Eel river.
JGB
Aug 10, 1991
French's Camp on the Eel Rive
Piercy, CA

I have a decent recording somewhere. Many of the recordings out there have a lot of flow noise on that windy day.

Dire Wolf wrote:
Idk know but my friend has a great photograph of it framed on his wall and I'm nearly positive that the mountain in the background is from telluride...it just looks like a colorado mountain....and telluride for that matter but i may be wrong
def. a picture from late 80's or early 90's

God I love that show!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#111483 2 years, 6 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Wait a minute!! When did Widespread play in Telluride??

August 13th and 14th of 2003. It rained so hard the first night, there was lightning threatening to strike all around and thunder echoing through the box canyon. They couldn't even really start the first set so they played their bones off the next night. Many long time locals said they had never seen such a storm ever. The band did seem pretty pissed they got shut out that night!

Wow!! Cool thanks for the info. I must have been in a coma or something! But that was shortly after The Dead at Red Rocks so I must have been too wrapped up in those shows??!! I did some digging and they also played there in 1991 with Warren Haynes in the Mikey Houser era.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#111494 2 years, 6 months ago
SpaceCaptain wrote:
I agree. The West is the best. It would be cool to have it somewhere outrageous like Moab or Lake Powell...

But the law don't take to kindly to us dope smokers in them parts.

moab may have been the first place with alchohol in Utah but they definitely won't be the first to have a dead festival.

Though a festival already happens there every year. the lineup is pretty hot this year!:

www.desertrocks.org in Moab, UT.

I have found myself leading undergrad trips through Arches and the surrounding areas during this time and last year JGB was playing the festie...nice! But i can't say that I trust the influx of deadheads to treat the fragile desert around them with the amount of respect it deserves and is owed and think that it would turn out to be a bad idea for many including mother nature.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#111496 2 years, 6 months ago
I would bet heads would treat it better than those folks that come for the annual 4x4 events or even most of the MT. bikers. It would be really, really fun to experience the band in some desert setting...love the idea.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#111504 2 years, 6 months ago
those are designated areas deadheads would amble and wander places that are not designated for destruction. Plus not all visitors would be aware of the fragile biotic crust all over just about everything there including the desert varnish on the rocks so i'm not convinced that because there are sanctioned outdoor events in the area that a bunch of out of state hippies on psychedelics would be entirely understanding of what a magical place they are in. I have been through 4x4 roads and hiked extensively throughout the park but in Arches but we don't go off them and carry in-carry out. I am also assuming that by your young age you have never seen the destruction that can sometimes follow thousands of people in fragile ecosystems, but it's bad to assume so i'll try not to.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#111509 2 years, 6 months ago
Young age? I have hiked more desert trails than you polly ever will, son... My point is that there are places that you could hold it and most folks don't wander far from the venues in most cases.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#111512 2 years, 6 months ago
yikes i thought you just made a post on another thread how you were 17. sorry and don't call me polly...ps. I am a geologist so more trails than I ever will.......meh?! and if you are 17 then I'm a decade ahead of you so you better go everyday! And if you are not it appears you are from Maine are there lots of deserts up there? If this is all a misunderstanding i truly am sorry for mistaking you for someone else and when it comes down to it in the words of Les claypool....'it's just a matter of opinion.'

on a side note one more person who uses the word 'kid, son, or family' in the sense that you just did needs some new lingo
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#111519 2 years, 6 months ago
Sorry friend! case of mistaken identity sorry i remember people by their avatar and yours was similar to someone who just started posting on here the same time you did who was a young kid...but in all honesty no reason to get nasty and try and belittle me...cause you don't even know me!
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds