• Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: What needs to happen is...

#111220 2 years, 9 months ago
SpaceCaptain wrote:
Yes unfortunately, he's gone....

But I'm sure the amazing community in Nederland will step up and keep things together to preserve his legacy.

Very sad. RIP Michigan Mike!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
freshwater dan
Junior Boarder

#111239 2 years, 9 months ago
I really liked Angel's Camp. The site was beautiful and everything was so chill. Plus it's close to Yosemite.

My second choice would be Rothburry.
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

#111265 2 years, 9 months ago
i would really love it if they held their own festival. and i would really love it if it were west of the Rockie Mountains. I don't think angels camp will ever have furthur back again(unfortunately i wasn't there, but the newspaper reports were horrible). As long as it is somewhere west of texas, ill probably end up going. but i agree that the gorge would be off the hook.
The following user(s) said Thank You: will work for doses
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#111271 2 years, 9 months ago
stuck at the station wrote:
i would really love it if they held their own festival. and i would really love it if it were west of the Rockie Mountains. I don't think angels camp will ever have furthur back again(unfortunately i wasn't there, but the newspaper reports were horrible). As long as it is somewhere west of texas, ill probably end up going. but i agree that the gorge would be off the hook.

I couldn't agree more, have their own festival. My vote would still be Veneta, OR although I see 8/27 is a Monday, then how about 8/25? I'm guessing everyone here understands the significance. An idyllic setting in the mountains would be ideal, but in order to have a festival you need to create facilities, etc. I'm guessing the Oregon Country Fair grounds could handle this.....places to camp, and all the rest. Not hard to get to, close to Euegene and the history......
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#111272 2 years, 9 months ago
freshwater dan wrote:
I really liked Angel's Camp. The site was beautiful and everything was so chill. Plus it's close to Yosemite.

My second choice would be Rothburry.

Angel's Camp would be great, but will the locals allow it? I don't see any indication there will be a Rothbury this year, but if the grounds are available, that sounds good. It's a great area, and the Michigan economy sure could use a boost. I say one in Rothbury and one in Veneta!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
SpaceCaptain
Fresh Boarder

#111273 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree. The West is the best. It would be cool to have it somewhere outrageous like Moab or Lake Powell...

But the law don't take to kindly to us dope smokers in them parts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, stuck at the station
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#111337 2 years, 9 months ago
SpaceCaptain wrote:
I agree. The West is the best. It would be cool to have it somewhere outrageous like Moab or Lake Powell...

But the law don't take to kindly to us dope smokers in them parts.

Hahaha that would be outrageous!! But yeah, other than the sights, Utah scares the hell out of me!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, SpaceCaptain
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#111363 2 years, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Wait a minute!! When did Widespread play in Telluride??

August 13th and 14th of 2003. It rained so hard the first night, there was lightning threatening to strike all around and thunder echoing through the box canyon. They couldn't even really start the first set so they played their bones off the next night. Many long time locals said they had never seen such a storm ever. The band did seem pretty pissed they got shut out that night!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by bluetrainsugaree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#111387 2 years, 9 months ago
The Jerry, Gris, Bela, photo/ show may have been the Squaw Valley show from the mid-summer music fest run 1991, that Bill Graham put on. He promoted a great show in Telluride before Squaw, though Jerry didn't play here then. Best performance of Joe Cocker just spitting out his tongue, "With a Little Help from My Friends." Jackson Brown quintessentially sweet. Second best Allman Bros. show I've seen, first, HoB New Orleans sickness. Widespread Little Women w/ the Blues as we named the late night show of members of Blues Traveler, Little Women, Widespread Panic jammed till 2. Those shows were so great! Much thanks to Bill Graham. Great moment in life: post show Squaw Valley, well red and "lucid," cleaning the grill from stir-fry. Last morsels scooped of into a dish for my tummy. Bill Graham ambles-up, humble checking of our scene. "You hungry?" I ask. "A little, but you look all cleaned-up." "We've go one more plate." Scoot to the back. "Bill Graham's out front, need chopsticks." Out of dozens of Freaks in every state, Luna's face, melting, holds forth her pair. Go to wash station, clean sticks, cruise back, sticks in dish, serve Bill Graham. I hope he liked it, He was grateful and thankful, those last bits of Tofu are pretty crunchy and so were the snowpeas. He sure did allot for us all.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#111394 2 years, 9 months ago
Telluride sounds good to me
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds