• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: What needs to happen is...

#111134 2 years, 9 months ago
well if it was JGB wouldn't John Kahn be playing bass in the picture? not to mention would david grisman, bela fleck being playing with them too at JGB show...the picture is fairly centered on the stage it appears to be an acoustic set and I can't see any of the other familiar JGB faces from the time so...maybe, but I'm not convinced yet! Dig that recording out and put it up here if ya can!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#111142 2 years, 9 months ago
Bakes wrote:
You might be thinking of the JGB at Eel river.
JGB
Aug 10, 1991
French's Camp on the Eel Rive
Piercy, CA

I have a decent recording somewhere. Many of the recordings out there have a lot of flow noise on that windy day.

Dire Wolf wrote:
Idk know but my friend has a great photograph of it framed on his wall and I'm nearly positive that the mountain in the background is from telluride...it just looks like a colorado mountain....and telluride for that matter but i may be wrong
def. a picture from late 80's or early 90's

That's a f'ing AWESOME show!!! With David Nelson and Sandy Rothman, absolutely incredible!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#111153 2 years, 9 months ago
Now, if we are talking about a midwest festival, then here is the place to have it:

www.mulberryriverranch.com/
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67, rockinbob
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#111163 2 years, 9 months ago
Here's the photos I have of Telluride. They could play in Town Park but only if it were between festivals. String Cheese, Widespread and Phish have all played in addition to the '87 GD show, it's at 10,000 capacity. Never heard of Jerry playing with Bela and David in Telluride, would have been cool if so.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: will work for doses
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#111164 2 years, 9 months ago
i'll take a picture of my buddys photo next time im over his house and post it on here and see if you all can help me out!
SpaceCaptain
Fresh Boarder

#111175 2 years, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
7Walkers played at State Bridge last summer. I missed it but I am thinking the camping area is fairly small. Hey I am up for anything like that as well, believe me! The NedFest is a great festival too with camping, but again, it's pretty small.

Did you catch that super group with Billy at NedFest last year? Pretty rockin'! I hope someone steps up to continue the festival after the passing of Michigan Mike...
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#111184 2 years, 9 months ago
Furthur in Telluride would be the bomb. It's an amazingly beautiful place, and very remote. The airport there does not accommodate a lot of air travelers. Once I missed a flight there and had to wait until the next day to leave. Breckenridge might be an alternative, or Winter Park as both those places have been the site of shows in the past. Then again how about Veneta, OR on 8/27/12?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#111204 2 years, 9 months ago
SpaceCaptain wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
7Walkers played at State Bridge last summer. I missed it but I am thinking the camping area is fairly small. Hey I am up for anything like that as well, believe me! The NedFest is a great festival too with camping, but again, it's pretty small.

Did you catch that super group with Billy at NedFest last year? Pretty rockin'! I hope someone steps up to continue the festival after the passing of Michigan Mike...

Yeah that was fun ehh? A ton of killer music that weekend..

Oh no!!! Are you serious about Michigan Mike???
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#111207 2 years, 9 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
Here's the photos I have of Telluride. They could play in Town Park but only if it were between festivals. String Cheese, Widespread and Phish have all played in addition to the '87 GD show, it's at 10,000 capacity. Never heard of Jerry playing with Bela and David in Telluride, would have been cool if so.

Wait a minute!! When did Widespread play in Telluride??
SpaceCaptain
Fresh Boarder

#111211 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes unfortunately, he's gone....

But I'm sure the amazing community in Nederland will step up and keep things together to preserve his legacy.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds