• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Re: What needs to happen is...

#111110 2 years, 9 months ago
That would be a real good time and count me in if so.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#111111 2 years, 9 months ago
Furthur fest should happen at the Gorge....The Dead there with Allman and Doobie Brothers in support to close tour was insanely good!!! nothing like hearing the rhythm devils drums segment bouncing off a natural beauty like the gorge
Joe deserves that honor...the only thing that makes the dead better is the natural beauty that surpasses their music to absorb it in!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#111114 2 years, 9 months ago
i've been saying that ever since the "spring tour" a nnouncement. don't get me wrong i'm happy with the dates they posted and glad to hit some of those shows, but as someone who loves to travel the country too it's not a very multifaceted tour. so i am thinking that we may get another furthur festival, keep the westies at ease.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#111115 2 years, 9 months ago
The gorge would be a better possibility than Telluride. I just don't see it happening. But what the hell do I know? I always thought Colorado should host a big music festival. And I'm not talking about the lame Denver music festival in Commerce City, it HAS to be in the mountains...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#111116 2 years, 9 months ago
Space Captain, sorry I was so rude on the last post.... WELCOME KIND FRIEND!! Thanks for jumping in and you are off to a great start with this thread. I have never been to the Gorge but have heard many great things, so if Furthur ever goes there, I will try to make it. I hope Furthur does their own festival instead of 1 night appearances at other massive ones. 1 Midwest festival that would be perfect would be The Electric Forest or formally known as Rothbury. That would something if they played all 3 nights like String Cheese last Year. I'll take whatever they give us with a smile.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
SpaceCaptain
Fresh Boarder

#111123 2 years, 9 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
Space Captain, sorry I was so rude on the last post.... WELCOME KIND FRIEND!! Thanks for jumping in and you are off to a great start with this thread. I have never been to the Gorge but have heard many great things, so if Furthur ever goes there, I will try to make it. I hope Furthur does their own festival instead of 1 night appearances at other massive ones. 1 Midwest festival that would be perfect would be The Electric Forest or formally known as Rothbury. That would something if they played all 3 nights like String Cheese last Year. I'll take whatever they give us with a smile.

I see no sign of rudeness, brother, thanks for the welcome!

I have heard of a little known venue on the mountains called State Bridge... its got all the facilities, as well as camping. But I can't find anything about how many people it can fit, it might be too small...

statebridge.com/wp/

But hey, I'm clearly biased to Colorado!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by SpaceCaptain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#111127 2 years, 9 months ago
7Walkers played at State Bridge last summer. I missed it but I am thinking the camping area is fairly small. Hey I am up for anything like that as well, believe me! The NedFest is a great festival too with camping, but again, it's pretty small.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#111128 2 years, 9 months ago
rockinbob wrote:

A couple of nights at Rothbury seems like a very good possibility to me.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#111131 2 years, 9 months ago
You might be thinking of the JGB at Eel river.
JGB
Aug 10, 1991
French's Camp on the Eel Rive
Piercy, CA

I have a decent recording somewhere. Many of the recordings out there have a lot of flow noise on that windy day.

Dire Wolf wrote:
Idk know but my friend has a great photograph of it framed on his wall and I'm nearly positive that the mountain in the background is from telluride...it just looks like a colorado mountain....and telluride for that matter but i may be wrong
def. a picture from late 80's or early 90's
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#111133 2 years, 9 months ago
Legend Valley!!! in Thornville, OH
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds