• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Quick question?

#111074 2 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone know if any astronauts have been outspoken deadheads? Basically what i want to know is has anybody ever listened to Dark Star in orbit or brought their tapes into space...besides deadheads at a concert?!!

Sadly I cannot be the person who does this as I just found out the only reason i am not eligible for the recently reopened Astronaut Candidate Training because i am about a half inch too tall beyond the strict height requirement...now i have to make millions somehow and buy myself a ticket into space bummer that probably won't happen
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

Re: Quick question?

#111077 2 years, 5 months ago
I say they pick deadhead scientists for that long ass ride to Mars. Give them 500 shows in remastered sound quality from all eras of the band and a space born vaporizer. That would take care of sanity and boredom issues in such a tiny space for such a long period of time!! Somebody get on the phone too NASA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#111078 2 years, 5 months ago
Well, I don't know if he qualifies as an astronaut or a Deadhead, but William Shatner has surely been out there in space in one way or another for many, many years!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#111080 2 years, 5 months ago
Mickey is a vulcan
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#111090 2 years, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Mickey is a vulcan

Now that you mention it, I see the resemblance!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#111091 2 years, 5 months ago
i swear there's an old snl skit or else an 80's halloween video or something where he dresses up as spock. I positive i have seen this before. But then again i also distinctly remember kermit jamming on banjo with jerry on acoustic from when i was very young but yet can find no mention of it anywhere...and some of the dead were on the muppet show at one point but i guess nay when i look through the list of past guests. dreams i guess only dreams!
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#111092 2 years, 5 months ago
Best new thread topic of the day.

Were you seriously in the running to be an astronaut?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#111093 2 years, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Mickey is a vulcan

Personally, I love Vulcans!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#111096 2 years, 5 months ago
PartPat wrote:

Yup. I fit the age group, i am completing my master's in geology and igneous petrology, i have a long military family history, experience in the science fields, love adventure, a professor who works for NASA designing and training for new Mars missions and have fit all requirements except my height... i guess the spacesuits and spaces inside the station and new delivery/re-entry vehicles don't fit a guy my size bummer

they just reopened candidate acceptance for the new coming programs
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#111132 2 years, 5 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
PartPat wrote:

Yup. I fit the age group, i am completing my master's in geology and igneous petrology, i have a long military family history, experience in the science fields, love adventure, a professor who works for NASA designing and training for new Mars missions and have fit all requirements except my height... i guess the spacesuits and spaces inside the station and new delivery/re-entry vehicles don't fit a guy my size bummer

they just reopened candidate acceptance for the new coming programs

WOW!!! Maybe u can hurry up and shrink

Still all sounds very interesting.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds