• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

Re: Summer Tour 2012?

#113454 2 years, 6 months ago
holding out for Wilmington, NC everyone can stay at my house (if only this were a legitimate hope, seeing as the only venue here holds 800)
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#113465 2 years, 6 months ago
ok, i bet they do a few big festivals(starting with wannee) fill in the days between, with shows at places like deer creak, cinci, chicago for sure, probably doin at least 2 night runs, then head out west, with all you custie hippies in tow. good times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PartPat
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#113501 2 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone think they will play a festival on the West Coast High Sierra? Would love a long weekend of camping and dancing!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#113532 2 years, 6 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
rockinbob wrote:
They will announce the summer tour real close to the spring run, just keep your smiles on, and your fingers crossed and how about a return to Ann Arbor Michigan!?! If so I will be able to host MANY friends at my Farm FREE OF CHARGE

I just love the way you think, Bob!! Yep, a summer run in Ann Arbor sounds perfect to me. I can take the overflow from your place over here! Who's in?!

I want them at the hash bash!!!

Can I take turns staying at each of your guys places?!

i was reading through this thread and all of a sudden my eyes became fixed on the phrase "hash bash". mmmmmm, yes.. please sign me up for that!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by .
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#113607 2 years, 6 months ago
TT ~
Ann Arbor has the annual "Hash Bash" The First Saturday in April since John Sinclair ( I know John ) was sent to prison for 10 years for possessing 2 joints in the early 70"s. Here is the Wiki:After a series of convictions for possession of marijuana, Sinclair was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 1969 after giving two joints of marijuana to an undercover narcotics officer.[5] This sentence inspired Abbie Hoffman to jump on the stage during The Who's performance at Woodstock to protest. It also sparked the landmark "John Sinclair Freedom Rally" at Ann Arbor's Crisler Arena in December 1971. The event brought together luminaries including pop musicians John Lennon (who recorded the song, "John Sinclair" on his Some Time in New York City album), Yoko Ono, David Peel, Stevie Wonder, Phil Ochs and Pete Seeger, jazz artists Archie Shepp and Roswell Rudd, and speakers Allen Ginsberg, Abbie Hoffman, Rennie Davis, David Dellinger, Jerry Rubin, and Bobby Seale.[6][7] Three days after the rally, Sinclair was released from prison when the Michigan Supreme Court ruled that the state's marijuana statutes were unconstitutional.[8] These events inspired the creation of Ann Arbor’s annual pro-legalization Hash Bash rally, which continues to be held as of 2011, and contributed to the drive for decriminalization of marijuana under the Ann Arbor city charter
My first GD Show was 1989 after The Hash Bash when they played 2 nights in Ann Arbor and have never been back since in a form.
I say we get Furthur back in 2012 although it wont be for Hash Bash, we can make our own Hash Bash amongst friends!
Peace
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#113609 2 years, 6 months ago
10 years for 2 joints???!!!???
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113621 2 years, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
10 years for 2 joints???!!!???

If you read it carefully it say's he gave the joints to the undercover cop. I take that to mean he didn't even sell them, but I may be reading too much into it.

proudsponsersof.jpeg
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#113627 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for sharing the story Bob!!!

Michigan is a beautiful state and I'd be there in a flash if Furthur rolls on through! Lets start a petition!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#113630 2 years, 6 months ago
On the topic of a summer tour, that's where furthur always seems to fill the largest venues, so I have to assume it's their bread and butter so to speak.

The show must go on.....
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds