• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

Re: Summer Tour 2012?

#111105 2 years, 6 months ago
Although I feel that there will be some Furthur this summer, my gut tells me that there will be a heavy dose of the individual project bands (PL&F / Ratdog). Just seems they are reving the engines on those to take them out for a spin this summer.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#111118 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
rockinbob wrote:
They will announce the summer tour real close to the spring run, just keep your smiles on, and your fingers crossed and how about a return to Ann Arbor Michigan!?! If so I will be able to host MANY friends at my Farm FREE OF CHARGE

I just love the way you think, Bob!! Yep, a summer run in Ann Arbor sounds perfect to me. I can take the overflow from your place over here! Who's in?!

I want them at the hash bash!!!

Can I take turns staying at each of your guys places?!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#111143 2 years, 6 months ago
What about the Rumored 3 night Montreal run?
Seriously though, We have a killer Jazzfest here every year end of June-Early July. Furthur would fit in nicely with alot of the artists that come up here and play.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#111151 2 years, 6 months ago
One thing I was thinking.....a touring Furthur Fest type of scenario like after Jerry died, where they would play a few key dates in some strategically chosen locations over the summer. It would be a day long thing,with a Ratdog Set, PL&F Set, Furthur set. Throw in another artist or 2 (Levon Helm, Mark Karan, Jackie Greene, Warren Haynes, Chris Robinson) and you have an awesome daylong music orgy. Maybe 6 or 8 different dates over the summer.....makes the travelling less intense, and they could play big enough venues that insures accessibility to everyone.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, GratefulDad420
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#111152 2 years, 6 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Although I feel that there will be some Furthur this summer, my gut tells me that there will be a heavy dose of the individual project bands (PL&F / Ratdog). Just seems they are reving the engines on those to take them out for a spin this summer.

I have the same feeling, but I would so love a huge Furthur summer tour. I have nothing holding me back for this summer, and crave to be...gone.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#111155 2 years, 6 months ago
They are way overdue for a Kansas City date.

How about Starlight Theater - TGD played there in '84.
Takin' it in stride!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#111159 2 years, 6 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
They are way overdue for a Kansas City date.

How about Starlight Theater - TGD played there in '84.

The last fall date I was hoping for a KC date. I wanna hear that KC whistle! Hopefully soon they will be there!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#111196 2 years, 6 months ago
I like the Furthur Festival idea, I did those back in the later 90's and they were a blast! Got to take the family and everyone had a great time!
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#113409 2 years, 6 months ago
Any rumors out there? The lack of them is getting me nervous.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#113436 2 years, 6 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
What about the Rumored 3 night Montreal run?
Seriously though, We have a killer Jazzfest here every year end of June-Early July. Furthur would fit in nicely with alot of the artists that come up here and play.

As it is impossible for me to leave the Country legally, I would strongly recomend Furthur to not do so.... 'Cause I don't care how much more rewarding it will make the show, I don't wanna have to swim and hike
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Time to create page: 4.87 seconds