• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

Re: Blair Jackson: Chimenti best keyboardist?

#111389 2 years, 7 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I love Jeff C.
I was so happy to see this article, since he really is a major part of the magic that is Furthur!
It irked me no end this summer at the big venues when JC would be tearing it up on keys, but the person filming video for the big screen would have the camera focused on Bob or Phil.

Since JK switched sides, the interplay between Jeff & John has gotten even more sublime - I can't ever get enough of it!!
At the end of the Golden Road article, in the comment section, someone called jb really summed up Jeff's fabulousness
way better than I ever could.
As far as the other keyboardists go, y'all can debate musical merits etc- that's cool, I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts !
For me tho, it seems that the only thing constant in life is change and I am all for embracing and moving FURTHUR
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#111391 2 years, 7 months ago
Sorry for the double post and quoting myself

My iPhone screen is cracked so I can't see what i'm pushing
...or maybe I'm just adamant in my opinion
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#111402 2 years, 7 months ago
best/ second best/ worst . . . liverwurst. Opinions are like grains of sand though dirty as body parts, often. Jeff C. bringing the . . . "tearing-it-up," comments allot during my time w/ Furthur. I would like him to dive into the Hammond a bit more like only Brent could, though Kyle Hollingsworth from Stringcheese was capable in that regard. Truly Jeff adds so much to Furthur. The way Jerry liked playing with Brent, vise versa, and Brent's exceptional vocal breadth throughout the Grateful Dead sound brought allot of light in the eighties. I wuz thinking today, during "He's Gone" '88 how through contrast, chanting, and open, inspired, lyrics we pealed back our layers of illusion. Like the blues are an expression of sorrow to help us come out of the blues, facing them, together. Like brothers and sisters took "the stuff" out of "nigger" by calling one another; no, that's something else, more like Ashes to Ashes, or Me and My Uncle.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds