• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
katie mae
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur Concerts Recreated From Fan Footage

#110916 2 years, 8 months ago
noahrsg wrote:
Right, we are only using videos on YouTube that are set to Public. All the videographers that we have talked to (about 500) really like what we are doing and we do put them in the credits which in turn links through to their YouTube channel, in turn giving them more publicity. We see it as a win-win.

In terms of a "companies gain" we are completely free and are running ZERO ads on the site. YouTube is making millions a day from ads...just something to think about...

Thanks for the feedback!

As long as you're asking permission, thats cool ~

I'm curious, since you're getting footage from YT, if a video is set to public viewing, but the owner of the video has switched off the option to copy the embedded code, can you still pull that video and use it? Something I always wondered about.
noahrsg
Fresh Boarder

#110932 2 years, 8 months ago
Yes we are able to use the video as long as the uploader has set it to public.

Glad that you guys are enjoying the experience! In terms of the FB login we are currently in Beta so we are getting our first round of users through the FB log in. Hope you guys understand and dont flame us too hard for it

-Noah
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#110936 2 years, 8 months ago
noahrsg wrote:
Yes we are able to use the video as long as the uploader has set it to public.

Glad that you guys are enjoying the experience! In terms of the FB login we are currently in Beta so we are getting our first round of users through the FB log in. Hope you guys understand and dont flame us too hard for it

-Noah

It makes perfect sense for you to use FB as your gateway.

We who shun the face are in the minority and I cast no judgment on those who embrace it.
volare
Senior Boarder

#110953 2 years, 8 months ago
odd, the first time I clicked through on the link, I didn't have to log in.....but now that I try again, I get the FB login deal...too bad as I, as well, dont have an account....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
noahrsg
Fresh Boarder

#110968 2 years, 8 months ago
Ahhhh bummer. We have it set up so that you can watch two event before the FB log in prompt...yeah we are working on an email log in but we are only a four person team, so working on that, HQ audio, and everything else takes a ton of time. Im just sad that you couldnt finish the concert
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#111016 2 years, 8 months ago
On Furthur thought, synching the videos to a nice audio recording from the archive would create a consistently good audio for the different footage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
noahrsg
Fresh Boarder

#111138 2 years, 8 months ago
Interesting idea. It would be like having an HQ audio source throughout the entire concert...are these recording open to public use?
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#111203 2 years, 8 months ago
You can find good public sources from the tapers, just check archive.org or if you use bittorrents, bt.etree.org. Enter the name of the artist (Furthur) and the date in the search bar to locate the show you are working on. The soundboards are released to stream after a few months, but not for download, but the audience tapes are available for download, usually within days of the show, if not the next day.
noahrsg
Fresh Boarder

#111263 2 years, 8 months ago
Wow thats awesome. Thanks for the pro-tip!
noahrsg
Fresh Boarder

#117783 2 years, 8 months ago
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that you now have the option to skip the FB login request. We got a ton of complaints about it, and wanted to make sure that everyone is able to watch their favorite artists whether they have FB or not. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds