• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: beacon ???

#110917 2 years, 6 months ago
It's possible that they had so much fun playing those five shows at the Tower last year that they wanted to translate that intimacy to NYC.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#110935 2 years, 6 months ago
The Tower is great. Best Buy runs are intimate but he venue is sterile compared to the Beacon and security is a pain too.

Radio City is larger but still intimate and classy like Tower and Beacon. They can fit more at RC so I wonder why they have not chosen it for more lengthy runs?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#110993 2 years, 6 months ago
Radio City holds just under 6000. Could they really fill it for five, much less eight nights?
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#111004 2 years, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Radio City holds just under 6000. Could they really fill it for five, much less eight nights?

they wouldn't all sell out instantly but I think they would by April. Last year all 5 Best Buy and 2 Radio City sold out right away, sunday took a little longer to sell out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GratefulDad420
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#111041 2 years, 6 months ago
In the 90's my very favorite GD related shows were JGB at The Warfield. I must have seen at least 50 of those. When the opportunity came up to see Futhur in a similar, very intimate and ornate setting I decided it would be worth the dough to make the trip. I'm really looking forward to it. Not just the shows, but hanging out in NYC , the center of the universe, for the weekend!
Without love day to day insanity's king
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#111047 2 years, 6 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
NYC , the center of the universe

God I hope this isn't true!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#111050 2 years, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
edheadwharfrat wrote:

Yeah, well, I'm just going by what New Yorkers say!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#111071 2 years, 6 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
edheadwharfrat wrote:

Yeah, well, I'm just going by what New Yorkers say!!

But that's why their New Yorkers!!

“New York's such a wonderful city. Although I was at the library today. The guys are very rude. I said, "I'd like a card." He says, "You have to prove you're a citizen of New York." So I stabbed him.”
-emo phillips

“Man has always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much...the wheel, New York, wars and so on...while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man...for precisely the same reason.”
-douglas adams

“I went to see a band in New York. The lead singer got on the microphone, and he said How many of you people feel like human beings tonight? Then he said How many of you feel like animals? And everyone cheered after the animals part. But the thing is, I cheered after the human being part because I did not know that there was a second part to the question.”
-mitch hedberg
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#111075 2 years, 6 months ago
As a CO native, I absolutely love seeing shows in NYC. I've had some of my most memorable GD experiences over the past 25 years in the Big Apple. 6 nights at MSG '90, 9 nights in '93, truly unbelievable! There are more environmentally inspired venues, but after seeing the GD and now Furthur in over 25 states, I've yet to experience band/crowd energy comparable to anything in NYC. The Beacon run is going to be right up there with some of the most memorable times of my life... I can feel it
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Slewfoot.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds