• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

beacon ???

#110708 2 years, 9 months ago
I can not help but wonder why 8 nights at a smaller venue ?? not that I am not going I have to spend extra to buy ticks from tickets now or stub hub .. but radio city is such a nicer room $$ the issue??? giving up more seats I know it would sell out but it bogels my mind.. still I wish you cmon back to the old knick if you are going to be that close do 3 nights pleeeese
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: beacon ???

#110711 2 years, 9 months ago
they always seem to do something a little different with each tour. I wish they were doing Radio City to but ill take what I can - the Beacon I'm pretty sure is less then half the size of Radio City. I think there trying to make for a real intimate run of shows this time around. They certainly could of sold out bigger venues so as far as I'm concerned this shows that they certainly arn't in it just for the $$ and it should be a special tour!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#110763 2 years, 9 months ago
The Beacon shows will be no cheap dates for anyone, but if you plan enough ahead and grab the cheapest tix you can, it should be doable for most but it's going to take more planning than other runs due to NYC and the high cost of EVERYTHING. I have been planning now for a month with 2 more to go, so I will def be there WITH MM, and so many of us. I'm looking at parking my car in New Jersey for the run to save big $$ for things like food and shelter as I already have my tix squared away. Best of luck Ali, hope to meet you there, it WILL BE WORTH IT!! There isn't a bad seat in that place it's so damn small
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#110767 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm just praying that tickets won't be sold out through all venues by the end of the month when i finally get my finances together to buy tickets for the last few shows i need and pay back my buddy for the ones he was able to get. Prices keep going up on stubhub and ebay and there's fewer tickets everyday. now instead of 600$ to see the shows its gonna be more like 1200. i dont know if i can swing that especially with expenses tied on and moving to 'Frisco at the beginning of the summer.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#110803 2 years, 9 months ago
Im excited about this small venue. I've never got to see them in a intimate place its always been the bigger places. I also got a room
A block away at central park apt. Seeing the first 2 shows but 4 nights in nyc. April can't cone soon enough
GOOD LOVE
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#110839 2 years, 9 months ago
can't wait have not been there in a long time!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#110875 2 years, 9 months ago
Pretty sure last time I was there was for Phil and Friends.
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#110884 2 years, 9 months ago
Why is this so puzzling to so many people? After so many years of playing mid-size venues to massive stadiums, don't you think it might be fun for the band to play in such a intimate setting? At under 2900 seats, I can't think of anyplace I'd rather see Furthur. I thank Phil & Bobby for doing something different!

Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Slewfoot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, rockinbob, Wundurland
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#110890 2 years, 9 months ago
Man what a beautiful venue. I wish I could go for at least one night but it wasn't ment to be.

Hopefully they are making a DVD or a live album from this run, either way there are sure to be streams:-)
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#110894 2 years, 9 months ago
It would not surprise me if this is the beginning of an annual Furthur Spring Time residency at the Beacon.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds