• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

Taking things Furthur at work....

#110655 2 years, 8 months ago
Although I am not a prolific poster on this board because of work, I have written a few opinions here and there. I usually create a note in MS Word and then paste it into the post. I got frustrated because the spell-check kept wanting to change Furthur to Further. I just added the word to the dictionary to keep this from happening all the time.

Well > A couple of days ago I had to provide a written presentation to the CEO of our company which I painstakenly prepared, proofed, and then delivered to him. I just got a call from him with some feedback on my project. He liked everything except he found 5 separate instances where I used the word 'furthur' or 'furthurmore' instead of further. DOH!

I apologized for the error and he said, "No big deal. I figured you knew the difference between the use of the word normally and Ken Kesey's bus. My jaw hit the floor and I told him that I was indeed aware of the difference. He then sighed......"those were the days." I ALMOST started to ask him a 100 questions and then thought better of it. Wow.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, will work for doses
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Taking things Furthur at work....

#110657 2 years, 8 months ago
We are everywhere

Love it.

~WALSTIB
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#110658 2 years, 8 months ago
That's hilarious bro!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#110660 2 years, 8 months ago
Neat story!!!!

I work in an office full of nonheads...I wonder if they even know who GD is! But I like it that way. It keeps me a mystery!

On my iPad is does the autocorrect thingy. And for the longest time I was correcting further to Furthur. Well some way some how it changed on it own and will now only spells it like "Furthur" with a capital F. Don't bother me!! except technology can scare me sometimes....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: teafortexas
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#110683 2 years, 8 months ago
Great story Tea. I have for years tried to downplay my headiness at work but for the past year have stopped trying. I am the only deadhead at work out of 200 employees. As of late they have been envious of my travels and always look foward to pictures and stories when I get back. Little by little my employees have been secretly leaving gifts like a tie dyed dancing bear on my desk, lumber with a knot in the shape of a peace sign, someone made a hippie bus painting for my wall and while in cal last week they found tie dyed singles in the vault and put that on my wall. I may be out numbered but they're comming around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teafortexas
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#110687 2 years, 8 months ago
That's great, love it!!!

You're going to have to ask him about it sometime, though. Could be a major bonding moment when you do!!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#110689 2 years, 8 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
We are everywhere

Love it.

~WALSTIB

EVERYWHERE
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#110700 2 years, 8 months ago
Hahaha. I've done the same thing. I get an edit back on a document with the word circled with a question mark.

teafortexas wrote:
Although I am not a prolific poster on this board because of work, I have written a few opinions here and there. I usually create a note in MS Word and then paste it into the post. I got frustrated because the spell-check kept wanting to change Furthur to Further. I just added the word to the dictionary to keep this from happening all the time.

Well > A couple of days ago I had to provide a written presentation to the CEO of our company which I painstakenly prepared, proofed, and then delivered to him. I just got a call from him with some feedback on my project. He liked everything except he found 5 separate instances where I used the word 'furthur' or 'furthurmore' instead of further. DOH!

I apologized for the error and he said, "No big deal. I figured you knew the difference between the use of the word normally and Ken Kesey's bus. My jaw hit the floor and I told him that I was indeed aware of the difference. He then sighed......"those were the days." I ALMOST started to ask him a 100 questions and then thought better of it. Wow.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bakes.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#110704 2 years, 8 months ago
great story, that was hilarious...

My boss isn't a head (no other employees at the moment but I've never worked with another head before) and he's cool with me traveling to see them but I still don't think he 'gets' why I go to so many shows. of course he never saw the GD or any incarnation so this could be why. he likes the music and I keep trying to get him to go (especially when there coming like 20 minutes away to wallingford) but he hasn't yet and I doubt he'll make the Oakdale this year. I also have the feeling that he still wouldn't get it and would be there more for the party, although I'm sure he'd like the show, I still see him saying something along the lines of "I still don't see why you go to so many shows" or once again telling me something rediculous like "I can't believe you don't like Phish, they jam out just like this"
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#110761 2 years, 8 months ago
GREAT STORY and thanks for sharing the smiles!! I'm in the pizza biz, and have taken 2 of my 3 store managers along with several other key employees so they "know" and have taken my oldest daughter too. EVERYONE of them had great big smiles the whole time and more importantly, said THANKS, that was amazing. I'm looking forward to turning on more EVERY chance I get. It what we are supposed to do, share the love....
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Time to create page: 2.11 seconds