• Topics not covered in other forums.
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

Re: So Mickey posted on Facebook...

#111040 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i see what you are saying, OP.

but, i mean, mickey stole that line! the bumper stickers have been going around the furthur lot for a while now..

i think maybe that's his way of saying jerry would love his project just as much

truly i think garcia would get a kick they're still doing it at all..

He did borrow this from Furthur...it's been going around since they started.

I wish Mickey well and his band sounds good....but it's no Furthur. It just seems kinda average to me, him playing GDTRFB and stuff

Furthur makes magic and brings out THE best of their past...they bring Jerry to life in a way.
To me, any drummers from major bands who go out on their own and cover the same band they got famous with, always pale in comparison to the projects led by say the singer of the same band....like Bobby.

As a working musician myself, sorry drummers, that's just the way it is. I'd appreciate it much more if he was doing some crazy, percussion stuff and his own originals more.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#111063 2 years, 8 months ago
Another Vid from the NYC show

Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#111066 2 years, 8 months ago
jcmarckx wrote:
furthur1 wrote:
Mickey is far from desperate. People are dumb to believe what they think Jer was thinking or believed in I mean fuck how about you believe in yourself and your family. Mick has more to believe in than most and he chooses to share his vision with us. Really if u dig it support it if not then just let it ride. To me your post disturbs me in thinking that someone who has maintained a level of excellence for 40 some years just now is making a desperate stand for attention. Ha ha ha fuck u idiots who take thoughts too far and spread shit on the Internet. I am glad you can interpret and express yourself and your opinion on what you perceived to be true but Internet forums leave too much to the imagination and almost always can be misconstrued in some way so please just be kind and think for a second before you post.

You really should have read your own post before you posted it it. You say, "so please just be kind and think for a second before you post", but before that you also say, "fuck u idiots who take thoughts too far and spread shit on the Internet." All I did was raise a concern I had. And I never pretended to think that I know what Jerry has ever thought. You said that, not me. I never said anything negative about Mickey, and I really just wanted to get a feel for what others thought about it. Somehow it all turned into a huge misconstrued mess.

welcome to the forum!!
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#111089 2 years, 8 months ago
After 50 years in this GD life, Mickey is more than welcome to glean on one of his old friends. What does he have to be desperate about? He's got nothing to prove after living such a magical life. I think he's right, Jerry would love his band along with everything else percolating in GD land.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#111113 2 years, 8 months ago
jcmarckx wrote:
furthur1 wrote:
Mickey is far from desperate. People are dumb to believe what they think Jer was thinking or believed in I mean fuck how about you believe in yourself and your family. Mick has more to believe in than most and he chooses to share his vision with us. Really if u dig it support it if not then just let it ride. To me your post disturbs me in thinking that someone who has maintained a level of excellence for 40 some years just now is making a desperate stand for attention. Ha ha ha fuck u idiots who take thoughts too far and spread shit on the Internet. I am glad you can interpret and express yourself and your opinion on what you perceived to be true but Internet forums leave too much to the imagination and almost always can be misconstrued in some way so please just be kind and think for a second before you post.

You really should have read your own post before you posted it it. You say, "so please just be kind and think for a second before you post", but before that you also say, "fuck u idiots who take thoughts too far and spread shit on the Internet." All I did was raise a concern I had. And I never pretended to think that I know what Jerry has ever thought. You said that, not me. I never said anything negative about Mickey, and I really just wanted to get a feel for what others thought about it. Somehow it all turned into a huge misconstrued mess.

Don't worry about what people say to your threads. There's always going to be someone that takes it the wrong way. Just ignore it and keep on posting what you want, that's what this forum is for. Peace
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#111120 2 years, 8 months ago
For what my thought are worth (not much based on the above posts) I love hat Mickey is doing. Mind you it is a little "spaced out" for my liking , but all and all I can really appreciate the perspective of Mickey as the "conductor" and hear how that all plays out.

Some of you may recall that after seeing MHB in my own backyard, that I hopped a train the very next day to go and see him play again in CHI. During Set break he walked through a fog of kids smoking in the alley and no one noticed him. I was off towards the back of the alley (solo mission) and noticed his wristbands as he walked past so trying not to bother him i just shouted Thank You Mickey and Nice Work !

He replied with " I am a desperate Man" and flaped his arms like an eagle before walking back into the rear of the venue. -belive it if you need to...............

As far as his facebook post-who the F cares? He is Mickey Hart if he says Jerry would have liked his band, it's just an opionated statement it's not archived into stone in the valut so......- pshhh whatever "you don't know me" ( in my best Maury Povich charecter)
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds