• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Sweet Egypt GD Footage

#110518 2 years, 6 months ago
Thought this was real cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, FurthurFlower67, rockinbob, Jasper, Strider1, Iriecycle, theotherone
mortimer
Junior Boarder

Re: Sweet Egypt GD Footage

#110521 2 years, 6 months ago
Wow.That was great!
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

#110581 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for posting that. There are some pretty ballsy GD Egypt T-short out right now (link). I like the blue one with the diamond in the middle... Hyde wears one on "That 70's Show"
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Lynx3000.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#110586 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for sharing Tim!!

I love Bobby's little rap in the Good Lovin they played in Egypt. He says something like "I don't care how many wifes you got, how many camels you got, or how much money you got in your bag. You got to have good love!"
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#110607 2 years, 6 months ago
Great clip, just finished reading a book of interviews of the GD, it was published in 91, talked then about the depth of family they they had, the inclination to just want to play music and take care of everyone, money not the forefront issue, the more I read the more I appreciate what a interesting group of regular folks that came together in a accidental way to create what happened. I wonder how all of that resonates in Bob's, Phil's, Mickey's et et mind when they play and interact with the music today?

That still strikes me from my watching them in Eugene, must be weird to have JK up there playing Jerry's part, how much do they let him go and be, this music is part of them. I felt it palpable when I was in the back after the Eugene show ( I am no one special just a friend of a friend sort of thing) talking with JK and Carolyn/MG came up and gave him a big hug, as she talked and supported him with how much she loved seeing him play and how good he sounded, saying without words how much she felt Jerry would have thought well about the whole thing. It must be such a almost letting go at times for them to reinvent some of these, songs. I read once somewhere that not a show goes by that they (Phil I think it was) that they do not have a flash/thought of what has gone before them.

What a great video clip thanks for posting it!

J
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, GratefulDad420, rockinbob
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds