• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

New Songs to Learn?

#110400 2 years, 6 months ago
I've been looking for some new music not currently or immediately within my head or the obvious band's repertoire to learn for the guitar. Anybody have any standards, old cowboy campfire tunes, or strange compositions for suggestions? It's always nice to know what other people like to hear when someone pulls out an instrument!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: New Songs to Learn?

#110404 2 years, 6 months ago
How about going back to the great guitar pioneer Django Reinhardt, with something like Minor Swing, or Charlie Christian with Swing to Bop (also called Topsy)? That's sure to give your fingers a good workout!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#110406 2 years, 6 months ago
Camp fire tunes!

Angel from Montgomery
Long black veil
Long as I can See the Light
Tuesday's Gone
Roll in My Sweet Baby's arms
Whiskey in the Jar
Shady Grove
I've Been All Around this World
Rosa Lee McFail
The Weight
Tangled up in Blue

I usually stick to simple chords and fairly well known tunes when around the fire. Anything goes I suppose. I don't know many instrumentals
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#110410 2 years, 6 months ago
nice. yeah gypsy jazz is a total fingerf*ck! A few months ago a family friend of my girlfriend (who is Kevin's from DSO's sister cool!) came to stay at our house and took us to a final performance by the Les Doigts de L'homme ( www.myspace.com/lesdoigtsdelhomme ) at this annual gathering in Northampton, MA down the street. It is called Djano in June ( www.djangoinjune.com/ ) Her significant other was attending for music workshops and playing sessions and took us to see them play as he had been hanging out all week it was probably one of the single best performances I have ever seen. Overflowing with joy and life with musicianship and interaction that could stand with any group of professional musicians!! Sadly they do not come to this side of the pond too often Check them out!!:

www.myspace.com/lesdoigtsdelhomme
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds