• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Wanee line up Will be announced on Monday

#110370 2 years, 7 months ago
Please, please, please PAF or Furthur!!!

If you need the link www.waneefestival.com/
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Bakes.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

Re: Wanee line up Will be announced on Monday

#110375 2 years, 7 months ago
It does appear like it would fit nicely in between the NY shows and Bob's first solo gig in Tenn.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#111498 2 years, 7 months ago
Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers have confirmed they will play Wanee on April 20th.

Manzarek-Rogers Band have confirmed they will play Wanee on the 19th.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Island Head.
thinman
Junior Boarder

#111508 2 years, 7 months ago
Also confirmed are Particle, Hot Tuna, and Buddy Guy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#111792 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm seriously considering coming out from California for this if furthur gets announced. Anyone been before? Is it worth the flight, the cash an whatnot?
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#111805 2 years, 7 months ago
I went to Wanee my first time last year. It was a pretty good festival. Lots of vendors, and pretty area. 7 Walkers and Melvin Seals & JGB was there, and they rocked! I finished out the Furthur tour and hung out in Florida for a week until that festival. I had a really good time and saw a lot of my friends there. I would go again, especially if Furthur is going to be there. I don't have any real complaints, except they don't allow you to bring your own alcohol into the concert areas, so if you try, you have to be sneaky. The showers were very cold, too. You'll want to get there early if you want a camping spot really close to the concert area, in the shade, or near the water.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by GratefulDad420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#111892 2 years, 7 months ago
Its my favorite festival. I go to hear the Allman Brothers. Last year 7 walkers and Melvin were a HUUUGE bonus!! It is def. my favorite venue for a festival.. besides the alcohol thing. Last year I had a camel bak with a bunch of camera equipment attached to it and was able to sneak my beer in my bag. If you got the right face you can always shoot em the look and breeze by.

Weather is beautiful just stay hydrated. The music really gets heated up come night fall. Example - last year mike gordons funky little number playing a sunset as the full moon rose above the mushroom stage. During the day there are tons of cool bands playing too. A lot of local talent from the new orleans/southern area, as well as some bigger national touring acts.

White sand beach on the banks of the Suwanee river... with a giant slip n slide and a 20 foot rope swing. A traveling stage that likes to make its way to the beach once or twice a day...
Natural Amphitheater stage in the woods with hundreds of hammocks.. and the main stage is in a huge field and the PA gets better and louder every single year!

The allman brothers are GUARANTEED to give you your moneys worth...2 nights in a row. When you get those boys in their hoooomee venue there is no stopping them.. they will literally blow your ass straight out of the water, and if you like Govt mule then your really in for it!

in conclusion if you have never been to this festival.. you need to go. Regardless if furthur plays it or not. trust me I want them to be there as much as the next deadhead. But they could put justin beiber on the bill just so long as the brothers still rock it 2 nights im there!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#111895 2 years, 7 months ago
^^^^ I think you just convinced me, only seen the Allman brothers once w/ the Doobies bros and they brought out Tom Petty an the Heartbreakers for a few songs including a smokin Highway 61, and they had Bruce fuckin Willis raging on the harmonica, needless to say grate times.

Would love to see Walkers/JGB there I've never seen Mule but I dig Warren when he's not playin w/ the Dead. Also I love the overly underestimated Derek Trucks and have been wanting to see him w/ his wife. Also Buddy Guy is on my bucket list so that kinda helps Seal the deal right there. I wonder if its not too much to expect Yonder to drop in for a set? Anywho I'm gonna start w/ convincing the girl that we should head on down Florida way, and then I'll check for plane tix and all.

Let's see what Monday has in store for us, and on a sidenote i've have heard they're not to fond of party favors out there, any feedback regarding such? Absolute no no? Or just watch your back?
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#111961 2 years, 7 months ago
There are undercovers. Be discrete in the camping areas and be suspicious of lame looking tie dye, bandanas, and a good pair of running shoes coming uo to sell or ask to smoke with you. I never had problems but have seen a few busts. Be wise is my best advice.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#112234 2 years, 7 months ago
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds