• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: Tell me about the summer venues in Philly and NJ

#11302 3 years ago
UncleGrizz wrote:
I've never been to either one, and since these are the two I've got tickets for, I was just wondering about the general scene at these two places.
Any broadstrokes from veterans of these places would be appreciated.

Thanks....

The Mann last year was UNBELIEVABLE!!
(Soooooooo much fun/ laid back security/beautiful weather/the band was in good form)
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#11356 3 years ago
philly cops are allright, but if you go acting the fool, they will not hesitate to crack your head and dump you in the badlands...be cool, keep your eyes clear and everything gonna be aight
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#11404 3 years ago
The only problem was the first night at the Mann. They didn't open enough gates because they didn't have enough staff. People were being pushed into the gates which caused them to close gates and make it difficult to get in....They got their act together the second night and things ran smoothly...

Overall, parking scence was great both nights...Great place to see a show...
What would be the answer to answer man
gratefuldad
Junior Boarder

#11420 3 years ago
My son and I caught one of the shows at the Mann last summer. Great venue! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Center City. Decent hotel with really nice staff. Couldn't watch TV w/o paying but that's not why we were there! Parking was $25 for 24 hours in garage next to hotel. Plenty to see and do within walking distance. Walked a couple blocks and caught a bus to the Mann Center. We had a great trip and was really easy for Philly first timers. Hope this helps! Enjoy the shows!
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds