• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
UncleGrizz
Junior Boarder

Tell me about the summer venues in Philly and NJ

#11034 3 years, 6 months ago
I've never been to either one, and since these are the two I've got tickets for, I was just wondering about the general scene at these two places.
Any broadstrokes from veterans of these places would be appreciated.

Thanks....
You Know it's Gonna Get Stranger
Mike In Philly
Fresh Boarder

Re: Tell me about the summer venues in Philly and NJ

#11038 3 years, 6 months ago
I cant speak of the NJ venue, but trust me, you will not be disappointed by the Mann. Great venue in the largest urban park in the country. Great place to see a show during the summer. I am glad that last year seems to have shown the boys that the Mann is a much better choice than Camden for Philly summer shows.
UncleGrizz
Junior Boarder

#11039 3 years, 6 months ago
Mike In Philly wrote:
I cant speak of the NJ venue, but trust me, you will not be disappointed by the Mann. Great venue in the largest urban park in the country. Great place to see a show during the summer. I am glad that last year seems to have shown the boys that the Mann is a much better choice than Camden for Philly summer shows.

Cool. Thanks, man.

So...where do we go for the KIND cheezsteaks ? =)
You Know it's Gonna Get Stranger
Mike In Philly
Fresh Boarder

#11041 3 years, 6 months ago
UncleGrizz wrote:

So...where do we go for the KIND cheezsteaks ? =)

www.johnsroastpork.com/
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

#11045 3 years, 6 months ago
Its all about Jims on south street
Chris1126
Junior Boarder

#11055 3 years, 6 months ago
first time at the MANN was last summer and I am so happy they are coming back...will make the 2 hr drive....its a great place to see a show (beautiful) and under the shell the acoustics are phenominal.

the PNC center is where I make my annual ABB pilgrimage each year. Its a decent place to see a show, I usually grab some lawn tix, and prob will this year end up in the grass.

********note if u plan on goin to the PNC center: the man is ALL OVER the place...the NJSP has its own sub-station 5 mins down the road, and they have under-covers trolling the lots, so BE CAREFUL!!!********
"Talking a lot about less and less;
And forgetting the love we bring."
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
trisha
Junior Boarder

#11059 3 years, 6 months ago
YAH, THE NEW JERSEY PLACE IS JUST OKAY....NOTHING SPECIAL....
Bzerk 2
Junior Boarder

#11071 3 years, 6 months ago
The scene at Philly is wild a real free for all. Walk around there and enjoy it. Last year it was like the twilight zone.
NJ scene outside is nothing like it. Welcome to the police state. Both venues are real nice and the sound is decent at both places. I've been going to the PNC for well over 25 years even way back when it was the Garden State Artscenter. Never had an issue outside but you can't act like an asshole. Can't wait for both.
reb
Visitor

#11079 3 years, 6 months ago
I say be prepared for traffic delays. Leave early and check the traffic reports. I prefer the Mann becasue it is lovely whereas Holmdel is not as lovely, but ok.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by .
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#11095 3 years, 6 months ago
Have been goin to the Mann for 20 plus years. The person describing it as a free for all is accurate. Smaller than most east coast sheds only 7200. My favorite outdoor venue on the east coast. Its located in a park (Fairmont a park in the city!)

PNC ---think night and day. Have been to many shows here-- the person saying police state is accurate. Didn't use to be that way till a few yrs ago I forget the details but a kid an underage kid past away from either alcohol or to much a somethin else. A massive crackdown ensued. The setting outside is nice but there will be undercover and cops flying around on bikes everywhere. Inside its a BIG shed.... forget about seein the band if you are on the lawn. Have had some fun times here but if you have other choices PASS on this venue or be EXTREMELY careful. Hope this helps. Oh & if memory serves it seats like 15k but is set up so poorly even the back sections of the shed are what seems like a mile away.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds