• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Favorite Furthur Moment of 2011

#110420 2 years, 6 months ago
I have another one. Raleigh show. I got screwed with bunk chocolates . But when they busted out on viola lee blues into bertha it didn't even matter the music had me so high it was unbelievable. I love how down and dirty viola gets.
FURTHUR FOREVER
GOOD LOVE
Chester
More or less in line

#110421 2 years, 6 months ago
It's so hard to pick one moment. All of the shows I saw last year were magical. I think maybe Albany
was slightly more enjoyable, but not by much. They were all great. And the people I met made it
really special. Oh yeah! The Eleven, at Syracuse was about as perfect a moment as it gets.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#110424 2 years, 6 months ago
definitely Raleigh was one of the big highlights not only did we take over downtown but the venue was super deadhead friendly (people were climbing over the two foot fence they had surrounding the venue into their tiny lawn and never were stopped, chased, or harassed). I still never forget seeing that building size tree sculpture flowing in the wind with lights on all the building fronts while LED light hula hoopers danced ontop of the surrounding parking garages. They had free tickets all you had to do was park in one of the garages overlooking the venue and groove! The bertha that night was rocking and the whole show was a standout for me because it started out like a normal show and quickly progressed into one of the best Furthur concert experiences I've had out of the 60+ shows now that I have been too. And to boot it was steaming hot in the South at that time and we were on our way to Florida.

St. augustine was also a super fun and show at a great venue gotta love rum drinks, beach babes, sunshine, and swimming in the warm atlantic before a Furthur show!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#110433 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
impossible decision

I agree!

So I'll say shaking Bobby's hand during intermission at Red Rocks night 1. Just wish I would have had my camera ready but it all happened so fast. #2 was meeting the rest of the band throughout that night.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#110435 2 years, 6 months ago
I have two. Morning dew in Monterey. That dew sent me to a tear. I just had me my first baby and it was emotional in a good way.I missed her so much that night and JK brought me home for a minute. Then standing on the moon on nye. I was also in a psychedelic utopia. I looked up at the part when Bobby singing I'd rather be with you. I thought I was telepathic with my dad and Jerry and it was pretty amazing. I just pictured my family and how much I loved them. That's what the music does for me sometimes. Fills me up with love and puts things in perspective and let's me know I'm exactly where kneed to be in life. Thank you gd. Other than that it was a amazing year at every show including other shows like jgb, dso, and other gd related shows. Great year with my gd family.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#110438 2 years, 6 months ago
Wish there was a show tonight!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by philisgod.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#110440 2 years, 6 months ago
it was a handful of people who already had friends in the show most of them were sneaking beer into them as a number had cases with them to share with friends. my parents refused to take me to shows when i was younger because of the gate crashing and bad vibes and i missed seeing a band i grew up with live...bummer thanks gatecrashers and useless party-goers. SOOO...needless to say, yeah that sucks and i agree with you but when a handful of people make some friends nights with free beer and the band only loses a handful of tickets it's not a travesty but part of the experience...it was a great show with no problems that i witnessed! but that's totally subjective your highlight shows may not match mine and that's okay we're all different!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philisgod
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#110442 2 years, 6 months ago
plus if i focused on one crappy part of an evening or day then my life would be pretty miserable as there is something someone will dislike at any given moment and ya gotta take the good with the bad or else ya go CrAzZY!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#110444 2 years, 6 months ago
You actually got it before my edit went through there speedy gonzales....

I figured why harsh on something that had nothing to do with me.....so I got rid of it.

But I still dont really care for those type of shenanigans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#110445 2 years, 6 months ago
Dec 30 @ BGCC When they played Death Don't Have No Mercy on the 1 year anniversary of my Mothers passing into spirit. The way they played that song that night seemed to purge out any remaining sadness that I may have held inside since that awful day. I can now look back and to my Mothers wisdom and Grace
And feel good, smile and even have a laugh. These types of things are why what keeps me going Furthur. Thanks for this thread
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Time to create page: 5.87 seconds