• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: Favorite Furthur Moment of 2011

#110364 2 years, 8 months ago
No way is one moment possible to pick in a year with so many. Starting with 2010-2011 new years run, best buy shows with abbey road and radio city, bob in Marin, shoreline, bethel j beach spac Comcast gotv, Vegas , la, Monterey , MSG, Syracuse Albany, amhurst and ending with 2011-2012 nye. Wow I bet I missed a few but, 2011 I feel I rediscovered myself through an old love of music. That might be the biggest gift of the year. Of course meeting and being embraced into the forum family has been a special gift this year as well. Thank you Furthur for 2011. It sure has been special to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#110365 2 years, 8 months ago
Phil And Bob together on stage! That's enough to make me happy. There was a moment during one of the listening parties on the Fall tour where I heard the ” sound.” That was an aha moment And one that keeps me coming back

Oh yeah, all the smiles on stage.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#110368 2 years, 8 months ago
philisgod wrote:
I have many...

But I would have to say, the Comes a Time in Bethel was probably my favorite for sure. Just to be there, at that place, with a warm breez hitting my face as my mind wondered in psycodelia utopia....and to hear that. It was perfect. Just so beautiful...JK sung it with so much emotion, and well.....the words, ya those incredible beautiful words. WOW!!! Just lintened to it again and it still brought back those feelings.

My favorite moments have always been the ones that involked emotion....not necessarily the ones that I danced the hardest to.

My favorite GD moments brought me to tears.....thats when you know its special. Thats why I know this stuff is special.

If you mean furthur moments to be at an actual show, three come to mind. I share my number one with you, comes a time at Bethel. 2nd Favorite was Black Throated Wind At Jones Beach. And my third favorite was the best buy show I saw in the spring, an awesome venue for grooving.

But I met so many kind people especially this summer and fall, those are always my favorite memories. For me the entire Summer scene was spectacular. Love driving all over and living in fantasy land for a week or two. Love grooving at the outdoor stadiums and I had a great time camping with deadheads before and after Bethel. Great music, great people and great memories.

Now I am "homesick". Oh well, all good things in all good time
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#110382 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm homesick too.

Hit me today for some reason....
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#110394 2 years, 8 months ago
Blue sky at Best Buy was a personal favorite of mine such a fantastic song and they played it extremely well
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#110401 2 years, 8 months ago
I just want to add that some of my favorite memories is getting to meet each and every one of YOU! You are all so special!!! We were all ment to cross paths for a reason! I'm glad to finally have some people in my life who care and love the same things as me!

And one more thing is I loved the streams this year!! Its amazing we can all be at the show together in different places. I always had so much fun listening to the streams and joining in on the setlist parties! I always looked forward to show nights and streams....and you guys were right there with me dancing on the couch! I LOVE YOU ALL AND FURTHUR!!!!!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#110408 2 years, 8 months ago
My favorite Furthur moment of 2011 was when Alex posted his invitation to do the west coast tour aboard the Golden Arrow, and something inside told me I had to do this tour. Without Alex, none of this would have happened for me. Thank you my friend!

Saturday and Sunday night in Eugene. Had just started the tour and met my fellow Golden Arrow riders.
A sense of community was there with us from the beginning, and it was then that I realized we were about to embark on a truly mystical journey! And what a ride it was!

Monterrey was bittersweet, historic venue, great vibes, but the last dates on the tour, and leaving the Golden Arrow crew was an emotional crash for me. But I will treasure every moment of the journey, and if it wasn't so enlightening to me I probably wouldn't have been so bummed about it ending.

And of course the NYE run. San Francisco, NYE, good weather, and the best part was re-uniting with the friends I made on the west coast tour and my fellow Golden Arrow riders, and meeting all the new faces from the forum! Also got the chance to show my lady (Wundurland) what a wonderful community we have here and on the road. now she's hooked too!

A wish for everyone in the new year - May the best of 2011 be the worst of 2012. Let's take if Furthur!!!!
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Strider1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, wlewis, bokb, Wundurland
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#110409 2 years, 8 months ago
Sampson and Delilah at the Fox was one. It made me feel really good,.

Meeting FF67, going to Indy with her, and hanging out with her and Dead on the Rivet at the Mickey Hart show was also one my favorite times this year.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#110411 2 years, 8 months ago
Jeez.... like, a favorite single moment?
here's a few:

- "Fool in the Rain" April Fool's Hampton - my first Furthur show,

- the TRI broadcast gave me a huge realization of where music & touring is headed.

- couch tour last year listening to Abbey Road unfurl,

- that one part in "Days Between" at Simpsonville when I finally sat down to catch my breath....

yeah, and so on. LOVE THIS BAND!!!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#110417 2 years, 8 months ago
At a Show: Sunshine Daydream @ MSG. They were firing on all cylinders!!!

On the Couch: The soundboard stream we got from Red Rocks. I forget which night it was but it was magical
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds