Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Saddest song.....

#110318 2 years, 6 months ago
Lynx3000 wrote:
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Hey Lynx

Share one of yours.

Are you down in the dumps? Not so far that a tune and the promise of others to fill the air can't help to lift you, I hope.

Hey TS,

Thanks for asking. Down in the dumps? I guess you could say that. I'm just searching for reasons not to be pessimistic about the human condition as usual. Ok though, but the song that gets me most is this: track 5 (Scudder's Lane) from this show:
www.archive.org/details/tsheaffer2005-08-26.sbd.flac16

Here's a tip: Stay away from television news and newspapers, which specialize in reporting the negative human condition. There is plenty of uplifting stuff out there. Check this Website out if you want to learn something and feel better about the future of this blue marble.

www.ted.com

"TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with two annual conferences -- the TED Conference in Long Beach and Palm Springs each spring, and the TEDGlobal conference in Edinburgh UK each summer -- TED includes the award-winning TEDTalks video site, the Open Translation Project and TED Conversations, the inspiring TED Fellows and TEDx programs, and the annual TED Prize."

It is filled with 20 minute presentations about all sorts of things from outer space to primate studies. They are not all cheerful topics, but you can pick and choose, and the presenters are some of the brightest and most engaging folks you will ever meet.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds