#110250 2 years, 8 months ago
and thus the cycle goes on.......but i probably will too it's like junk
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: I want to do 8 nights at Beacon. SOLD OUT :(

#110251 2 years, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
yea I got shut out of fri/sat. It sucks and I hate scalpers to death and you could all flame me if you want but theres no way I'm really getting shut out and I'm ready to hit up stubhub in a couple months myself when the prices drop a little and grab the cheapest ticket I could. I don't want to give a scalper any extra money but to me its worth the extra money for the piece of mind having a secured ticket and not having to hope for a miracle the day of or close to the day of the show.

This may be my only chance to hit a whole tour and theres no way I'm missing any of it, especially a NYC run - I'm calling them not doing a single repeat during the 8 night run....

I'm sure someone around here will have Fri/Sat tickets for you, before you have to resort to Stubhub, though that really isn't a sin anyway. You're going to have a great tour!!
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#110287 2 years, 8 months ago
I'll be there, come hell or high water, myself! I am hopin' for a miracle (face value in this case) ticket every night since I couldn't find a credit card user to get them for me in time, but I am going. I can't miss another NYC run. Last time that happened was during a Phil-a-thon at the Nokia. Was tryin' to make it out to catch as much as I could, and we ended up hitting a patch of black ice, and got into a car accident. Turns out that run has one of my favorite shows, and I still regret missing it, to this day!
SamL67
Junior Boarder

#110303 2 years, 8 months ago
A few comments on what others have said:

I have never gone to any show without tickets ever so I am not sure how easy it would be for me to find extras there
I think you have a good shot at finding extras for the weekday shows. Finding Fri/Sat, even Sunday may be difficult, but hey you never know. Peeps have last minute changes. Just keep an eye on the boards. Be very careful about buying tixs outside the venue or on craigslist.

NYC is expensive, not very friendly to vendors, or heads, and aside from the fact that the boys play some incredible music there, it's probably not the best place to party with your fellow deadheads.
I can understand that peeps coming from small towns/cities, find things expensive in the city, but if you do your homework, you can find places to eat and drink that are reasonable. Start with the East Village/lower East side. Great part of town, and plenty of reasonable places. Hotel rooms are pricy--but there are places one step above hostels, that are affordable. One is called Royal Park Hotel and Hostel, 97th between West End and B'way..right around the corner from my apt! Bedbug free. 1 mile from the Beacon in a very nice neighborhood.
Ithink that's why they're not playing Best Buy this time and have moved to the Beacon, which I expect to be more conducive to us.
Don't count on it! ALL NYC venues have increased security.(except MSG). They don't want you smoking anything, and will make it hard to do. Not impossible, but you have to be creative. The "old Beacon" doesn't exist. And do not drink or smoke on the street anywhere near the venue.

I've been living in NYC for 4 years and just love it. I know it's not for everyone, but for those coming in for the run, utilize the peeps like me who live here to help point you in the right direction for places to eat and drink. Take a walk in Central Park, Union Square, the West Village and Brooklyn too. Sign up for Groupon, Living Social and Blackboard Eats for discounts on restaurants, hotels and bars. You can really stretch your $$ with some work. There is just so much to do here. And know what areas of town to avoid..where all the tourist go!

I love NY!!

Sam L.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SamL67.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#110311 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm no fan of the big apple but understand why so many are. I'm just a huge Furthur fan willing to save for this run and I too still need a ticket to the Friday Beacon show. I know with hard work and planning, this run will be well worth the planning, money and energy spent. I'm very low key in NYC as to not become a part of Barney Millers jailhouse gang for going to see a band that gives out pure love energy. 1 place I won't flash my the dyes until I take my coat off in the venue
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#110348 2 years, 8 months ago
WHAT?? sold out?? already?
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#110352 2 years, 8 months ago
ablebaker wrote:
WHAT?? sold out?? already?

The venues on this tour are less than 3k people per location I think and I believe they sold out same day they went on sale. A good majority was no doubt bought by scalpers but sold out none the less
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by PartPat.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#110367 2 years, 8 months ago
Hey, I am also a Wharf Rat grateful to be clean and enjoying shows. The tables and set-break meetings have been the best part of my recovery. I'm going to the Beacon Fri/Sat/Sun but I don't have any extras. You might want to go the the Facebook pages for Wharf Rats, The Phellowship, and The Gateway and ask around there. I hope to meet you at a set-break meeting at some point.

It is interesting that even though you clearly stated that you are in recovery in your post, some people thought they needed to warn you about using drugs in New York. It's funny that people have a hard time imagining that there are Deadheads that don't get high anymore. I'm sure I thought the same thing when I was using. It was hard to believe it was possible to enjoy shows without using drugs, but I am happy to report that nothing could be further from the truth!! Wharf Rats don't have any opinion on whether people choose to use drugs and alcohol at shows, to each their own. We just found out that we were better off leaving those things behind. I am happy that I decided to "make a new start, and live the life I should", and I'm happy for you as well!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
goeppner
Fresh Boarder

#110388 2 years, 8 months ago
From what i can tell this has just been the internet presale! Tix still have not gone on sale with ticketbastard yet!! so you all still have a chance to grab sum up! Ill be doin all 8n myself so hpe to see you all there!! But we do need more far the rest of the fam. so if anyone wants to give sum love !! we wilol be forever grateful and KIND!!!!!

SORRY GUYZ NO EXTREAS !!
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#110390 2 years, 8 months ago
goeppner wrote:
From what i can tell this has just been the internet presale! Tix still have not gone on sale with ticketbastard yet!! so you all still have a chance to grab sum up! Ill be doin all 8n myself so hpe to see you all there!! But we do need more far the rest of the fam. so if anyone wants to give sum love !! we wilol be forever grateful and KIND!!!!!

SORRY GUYZ NO EXTREAS !!
The public tickets have already went on sale for the Beacon and sold out within minutes, if not seconds.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds