• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

WeirGallery.com infected with a virus!! Beware!

#110123 2 years, 9 months ago
I was looking at Mickey's site the other day and clicked a link on it that directed me to weirgallery.com . When the page opened my avast antivirus gave an alert that it is infected and closed it immediately. I wanted to check out the site, but don't want to risk infecting my computer. I am not sure if Bobby or the folks who manage his websites check here, but if anyone who does sees this, please check it out and fix it. I would hate to have Heads' computers getting ruined while trying to check out some of the boys' artwork!
volare
Senior Boarder

Re: WeirGallery.com infected with a virus!! Beware!

#110145 2 years, 9 months ago
I just visited the site (on a Mac, using Chrome) and got no warnings and had no problems....additionally here are the results of a virus/malware scan. Oddly, all the analysis engines, with the exception of one listed it as a clean site. Perhaps thats the one your virus scanner uses.

URL analysis tool Result
Avira Clean site
BitDefender Clean site
G-Data Clean site
MalwareDomainList Clean site
Opera Clean site
ParetoLogic Clean site
Phishtank Clean site
TrendMicro Unrated site
Websense ThreatSeeker Malware site
Wepawet Unrated site
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#110173 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! I am using a PC with Avast free antivirus. I have tried to open it and it doesn't tell me what exactly is the problem, just closes it for me and says malware blocked. Says Infection: HTML:Script-inf After I looked into it further, it's possibly just a false hit with Avast. I'll email them about it, and see if they can exclude it or give me a reason why it is infected.
volare
Senior Boarder

#110182 2 years, 9 months ago
i looked at the results from the analysis engine which flagged it, it claimed that the site used a type of malicious url redirect. I dont think I was redirected anywhere when I used the site....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds