• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: phil cuts off JK

#110593 2 years, 9 months ago
Yea I understand it's Bob and Phil's show but these guys got some talent! Let it shine!!!

I remember in 2010 I seen Furthur in Columbus, OH. And Jeff was doing this beautiful solo right into Two Djinn. And I was front row. I remember Bobby and Phil looking at each other and shrugging their shoulders like what's he doing? But kinda smiling at the same time. I was loving it! Cheering Jeff on then all of a sudden Phil laid a baby bomb on Jeff to get him to snap outta it because the rest of them were going to chime in. Let Jeff play Phil!!!! love you either way tho!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#110612 2 years, 9 months ago
You know, I have less a problem with Bob or Phil stopping JK than I do with Bob coming in too soon or forgetting lyrics.

Get it together Bob. lol
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#110645 2 years, 9 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Yea I understand it's Bob and Phil's show but these guys got some talent! Let it shine!!!

I remember in 2010 I seen Furthur in Columbus, OH. And Jeff was doing this beautiful solo right into Two Djinn. And I was front row. I remember Bobby and Phil looking at each other and shrugging their shoulders like what's he doing? But kinda smiling at the same time. I was loving it! Cheering Jeff on then all of a sudden Phil laid a baby bomb on Jeff to get him to snap outta it because the rest of them were going to chime in. Let Jeff play Phil!!!! love you either way tho!

MSG 11/20/10 was the only time I heard that Jeff solo intro to Two Djinn and it was fantastic, since then I always wondered why they dropped it...... my buddy who I brought to his first show was tripping so hard that night and afterwards when we listened to some of the show he said "I felt like I was in a video game during this part" talking about the solo and listening back I see where he was coming from
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#110654 2 years, 9 months ago
Brother Shroom, I had to go and take a listen..... WOW!!! It sure is amazing! Starts off slow and beautiful then just picks up the pace and starts getting funky! I love it! I think its way better then the one i heard 7/2/10 in Columbus. But I think the Columbus solo may have gone a little bit longer. maybe thats why Phil had to intrupt Jeff and get him back on track...

So of course I had to go back and listen to verisons from 2011. This is what i discovered......

I've only located it played 3 times in 2011.

The first time was 3/17/11 and at the begining Jeff is starting a solo but it sounds like "You Never Give Me Your Money" instead of Two Djinn....then I hear bobby say sorry guys stratch that...then jeff continues with the two djinn solo

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-1...ficial.113508.flac16

But the other two times I found it played in 2011 7/21 and 10/7 they went strainght into the song.

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-2...ficial.114841.flac16
www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-10-0...040.tt.116377.flac16 - Taper T's recording!!!

I never noticed that! Thanks for pointing it out. I sure do love the solo entry of the song hope they bring it back!!

Dreaming is real!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds