• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

Re: phil cuts off JK

#110441 2 years, 6 months ago
heard it as well. also heard/seen Bob seem like he just doesn't care. It all varies one night to the next, one song to the next. I'm glad to catch some of the stellar moments.

50 shows together! very nice
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#110448 2 years, 6 months ago
>>>I noticed more then a couple occasions where Phil seems to want to end a jam sooner then the rest<<<

That is absurd.

If anyone wants to dive deeper into a jam, its Phil. I mean, if you dont know that by now....I dont have anything for ya.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#110454 2 years, 6 months ago
philisgod--the link is right there if you'd like to listen for yourself.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#110455 2 years, 6 months ago
i'm not convinced that any of you are telepathically linked to phil's ginormous musical universe of a head take it to the kangaroo court !
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#110458 2 years, 6 months ago
Like I said, if you dont know that by now....I have nothing for ya Lewis.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#110459 2 years, 6 months ago
but yeah in WLewis defense after second listening it does sound like John is really good at stopping unexpectedly on a dime and not having it be a trainwreck so whatever that's worth whether or not it was phil i guess that would be up to the subjective opinion of the people who witnessed it because you can't tell that Phil called quits on the recording i was to far from the stage at that point to notice
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#110473 2 years, 6 months ago
well that's why i started the thread brother. because we don't know why, we just know it happened. i use phrases like "i think" when i'm going to give my 2 cents.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#110481 2 years, 6 months ago
My two cents, from listing to gd everyday it seems like furthur hurries through songs and not exploring. I know its bad to compare gd and furthur but I can't help it. I think it all has to do with jk being caged up. Jerry took control when he was alive and it was easy to tell. It seems to me now that Phil and friends goes out there and explores and doesn't try to hurry through songs. I'm excited now to see Phil and friends, if they ever come to the bay. I hope jk gets let out!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#110538 2 years, 6 months ago
Phil has always been a moody person at times. Garcia is quoted many times saying Phil is hard to figure out and is harder on himself than anyone else can be. Phil can go through many changes within one show. I saw it many times and still see it in him. Way more than any other member. Perhaps at 72 hes getting like a grandpa does when you tell him he cant drive anymore!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#110541 2 years, 6 months ago
first night of the NYE run was the best.
bob and phil tell john to cut it out when he is noodling too much.
they do the same to jeff but way less cause jeff is the man.
i cant wait for ratdog to play at bobs in marin.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds