• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

studio version

#109656 2 years, 7 months ago
The studio version of shakedown is my favorite studio song. Probably cause the way jerry plays it. It's the only studio song I revisit. So funky and clean. I think furthur needs to get a lot more deeper with the funk when they play shakedown. It's always good when they play it but bring some more funk
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: studio version

#109663 2 years, 7 months ago
Check out built to last again! Whole album is stellar...in the dark is another studio album I always like besides the obvious....American beauty, workingman wake of the flood and anthem
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#109668 2 years, 7 months ago
Of course all the albums are good. I just perticulary like the way they do the "song" shakedown street.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#109671 2 years, 7 months ago
Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#109678 2 years, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Check out built to last again! Whole album is stellar...in the dark is another studio album I always like besides the obvious....American beauty, workingman wake of the flood and anthem

funny out of all the albums there are only two i dont care for. built to last and infrared roses.

favorite studio song - uncle johns band. (far better live however which goes without saying)
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#109711 2 years, 7 months ago
Years ago some guy I knew, who had a degree in music but was working as a cook, said that he heard shakedown and thoguht that garcia could have done so much more with that song and it's boring....

THat had a lasting impression on me... but seriously- he never saw a shakedown where the crowd just looses it.... bwaaaaw..... bwaaaaaaaaw
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#109730 2 years, 7 months ago
for me it's Dark Star, I just love that little bit of Jerry's banjo picking at the end. Also it would have to be side 1 of Anthem, and I've always loved the first album.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#109733 2 years, 7 months ago
Call me mr. Anti studio album I guess, this is an interesting topic, I was surprised to read that many of ya like their studio songs. My problem is I've heard the songs live so I have a major hearing problem when I hear the originals. They just don't sound the same to me for obvious reasons.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#109740 2 years, 7 months ago
I've always loved the first three studio albums. Particularly the original mixes.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#109882 2 years, 7 months ago
The studio songs have also proved invaluable to me for learning a handful of song as they are almost like a blueprint for some of the songs. Ie the parts ,transitions and lyrics fit a concrete structure that is easy to learn this then allows for maximum improvisation and expansionism upon a very easy to remember structures...this has proven invaluable in my improvisational skills
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds