• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

Re: What are you listening to right now?

#237521 1 year, 8 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
Wunderland, did you and Denver Man catch Phil at the same time for photos? Looks like Red Rocks? Caught up w/ one of my favorite Eyes of the World from Winterland in '74. Haven't listened to it since Speed of Light shows back in '87 at Hampshire College. What great jams. This version from Bears reels at about 10 min. in tape 2:
archive.org/details/gd1974-10-19.112531.....twotapesides.flac24
I've had to reload and mess w/ the play counter to bring the song all the way through, even then it cuts at 21:28, such a raw, good recording. Can it be heard in it's entirety on The Grateful Dead Movie? The other archive copies all seem to grow from Owsley's reels?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was at the same time (Phil's foundation meet&greet thingy), but at the time hadn't met denver man yet. danced on stage w/our shadows stretching up the rocks what seemed a mile high! The 74 show is sounding pretty durn swell.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#237539 1 year, 8 months ago
deadlymango
Visitor

#237552 1 year, 8 months ago
my government shooting my neighbors. They come at night when we sleep.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#237570 1 year, 8 months ago
Hey Iriecycle, the other woman on the JGB video is Maria Maldaur. She got some FM radio airplay back in the 70's with "Midnight at the Oasis" and "It Ain't the Meat, It's the Motion" She's on the Pure Jerry Bay Area 1978 cd.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by lightchaser.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#237573 1 year, 8 months ago
Wundurland wrote:
Iriecycle wrote:
Wunderland, did you and Denver Man catch Phil at the same time for photos? Looks like Red Rocks? Caught up w/ one of my favorite Eyes of the World from Winterland in '74. Haven't listened to it since Speed of Light shows back in '87 at Hampshire College. What great jams. This version from Bears reels at about 10 min. in tape 2:
I've had to reload and mess w/ the play counter to bring the song all the way through, even then it cuts at 21:28, such a raw, good recording. Can it be heard in it's entirety on The Grateful Dead Movie? The other archive copies all seem to grow from Owsley's reels?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was at the same time (Phil's foundation meet&greet thingy), but at the time hadn't met denver man yet. danced on stage w/our shadows stretching up the rocks what seemed a mile high! The 74 show is sounding pretty durn swell.

Niceness! Sounds good, the shadows weren't the only thing a mile high . . . Always nice to meet Phil! Got to be on stage w/ him last year, though I didn't reach out as he was a little busy, and it just didn't go like that, I hope I'll get to see him again up close and personal, time to chill. 20th anniversary at the Greek '85 Phil rolled down the window of his limo. He asked "Well, what do you think?" "It was just great!" I suppose I could have elaborated, I wasn't just awe struck, I was dumbstruck by the vibes and experience of the show. I must have looked quite stoked as it was my first West Coast show w/ just a year of GD introduction in the East. Cross country road trip, on tour, taping the band, with my best friend, what a summer. I'd spent half the night in front of Phil shaking it down! After that '74 I wound up listening to most of good 'ole Barton Hall '77archive.org/details/gd1977-05-08.ecm33p....miller.117026.flac16 now Copps Coliseum '90archive.org/details/gd90-03-22.sbd.berth...ey.21433.sbeok.shnf, an amazing Fire, and this Shakedown close to best of the era. Love Brent. Missing Jerry again, "It Must Have Been The Roses." This show will stay on, sickbird.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Iriecycle. Reason: show links
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#237574 1 year, 8 months ago
lightchaser wrote:
Hey Iriecycle, the other woman on the JGB video is Maria Maldaur. She got some FM radio airplay back in the 70's with "Midnight at the Oasis" and "It Ain't the Meat, It's the Motion" She's on the Pure Jerry Bay Area 1978 cd.

Yes, thank you, thank you. Forgot her again. Brain cell check, yep still all there, those that should be. Maria Maldaur etched better.
peace
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#237687 1 year, 8 months ago
40 Years Ago Today

Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#237715 1 year, 8 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
Wundurland wrote:
Iriecycle wrote:

Niceness! Sounds good, the shadows weren't the only thing a mile high . . . Always nice to meet Phil! Got to be on stage w/ him last year, though I didn't reach out as he was a little busy, and it just didn't go like that, I hope I'll get to see him again up close and personal, time to chill. 20th anniversary at the Greek '85 Phil rolled down the window of his limo. He asked "Well, what do you think?" "It was just great!" I suppose I could have elaborated, I wasn't just awe struck, I was dumbstruck by the vibes and experience of the show. I must have looked quite stoked as it was my first West Coast show w/ just a year of GD introduction in the East. Cross country road trip, on tour, taping the band, with my best friend, what a summer. I'd spent half the night in front of Phil shaking it down! After that '74 I wound up listening to most of good 'ole Barton Hall '77archive.org/details/gd1977-05-08.ecm33p....miller.117026.flac16 now Copps Coliseum '90archive.org/details/gd90-03-22.sbd.berth...ey.21433.sbeok.shnf, an amazing Fire, and this Shakedown close to best of the era. Love Brent. Missing Jerry again, "It Must Have Been The Roses." This show will stay on, sickbird.

uh yeah you got that right...that's so wild about him rolling down his window. funny story. listening to 77 now. Loser's awesome.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#237726 1 year, 8 months ago
5/7/69

cuts in on a nice mellow Me & My Uncle

archive.org/details/gd69-05-07.sbd.cotsman.6028.sbeok.shnf
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#237740 1 year, 8 months ago
Interesting, Scarlet > Fire

Hartford Civic Center, 10/14/83

Disc one
1. Alabama Getaway
2. Greatest Story Ever Told
3. They Love Each Other
4. Mama Tried
5. Big River
6. Althea
7. C.C. Rider
8. Tennessee Jed