• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: What are you listening to right now?

#223263 1 year, 10 months ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
Why dosn't joni mitchell perform anymore?

From wikipedia -

Mitchell is currently receiving treatment for the controversial condition called "Morgellons syndrome".[45] Mitchell spoke to the Los Angeles Times on April 22, 2010 about the disease, saying, "I have this weird, incurable disease that seems like it's from outer space, but my health's the best it's been in a while." She described Morgellons as a "slow, unpredictable killer" but said she is determined to fight the disease. "I have a tremendous will to live: I've been through another pandemic—I'm a polio survivor, so I know how conservative the medical body can be." According to Mitchell, Morgellons is often misdiagnosed as "delusion of parasites," and sufferers of the disease are offered psychiatric treatment. Mitchell said she plans to leave the music industry to work toward giving people diagnosed with Morgellons more credibility.[46] In the same interview, Mitchell made the statement that singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, with whom she had worked closely in the past, was a fake and plagiarist. The controversial remark was widely reported by other media.[47][48] Mitchell did not explain the contention further, but it may have related to the allegations of plagiarism surrounding some lyrics on Dylan's 2006 album Modern Times.[47]
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingTurtle
Poles
Expert Boarder

#223298 1 year, 10 months ago
As David Crosby said Joni is "twice the musician Dylan is and as a poet they're in the same ballpark." I love Dylan but I'd take Joni any day.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#223850 1 year, 9 months ago
Gov't Mule last night @ The Tower in Philly.

Audio of the whole show on SugarMegs

tela.sugarmegs.org/latestadditions.aspx
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#224753 1 year, 9 months ago
12/30/12 Joan Osborne @ Terrapin

fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#224754 1 year, 9 months ago
[quote="borninthedesert" post=223041]ZenoMarx wrote:
gd70-09-19.sbd.reynolds.97906.sbeok.flac16

09-19-70 Fillmore East, New York, N.Y. (Sat)
New Speedway, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Morning Dew, Me & My Uncle, Schoolgirl, Cold Rain, Easy Wind, Sugar Magnolia, Dark Star> St. Stephen> NFA> Darkness Jam> NFA> Lovelight

Probably my favorite recording from 1970 (man, that's even a difficult thing to type). This was a special night

Dark Star - top-5 Dark Star - from lunar to nasty to smooth to chaos to rigid. It's everything music can be, and if anyone can hear us in space, I hope they hear this.

NFA> Darkness Jam> NFA - I cannot begin to convey how beautiful and furious this is. I don't think I've ever listened to this and not got goosebumps. Jerry is...I don't know what he is, but he's indeed something else. From 6:03-6:13, maybe the finest ten seconds in their nearly 30 year existence (yeah, I'm saying it, and really, you can extend this extraordinary segment back to 5:41). At 6:13, they EXPLODE into China Cat with a power chord. Phil paints every wall and every angle...over and over again until it's all deep space black. More power chords at 7:14. So, for around four full minutes, from 3:30-7:30, we're treated to perfection and flawless chaos.

I cannot play this loud enough. No one can. It's cheesy, but it's the truth for me. When I think of music I want to play louder than a stereo can rightly play, this is it.

***love*** your passion Zeno!

started with the dark star at daybreak today
just sublime
sun salutations>dancing with abandon to the NFA
whatever the day brings, it's started off perfectly

goosebumps

I never get goosebumps when I do yoga at home but I've never tried listening to DS at daybreak while I went through some asanas either. This is a new year resolution if I ever had one. Thx.

I forgot my mission here:
Jerry and Merl vol. 1(nm condition lp) specifically Merl's Tune, Jerry sounds so crisp(not crispy) and focused in lock step, nothing seems wasted or frivolous or wankish. Nice soundstage. Looking forward to a speakers corner reissue one day, yea right, but this'll do. Island Head video out there of this?
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by fourwnds.
RBull
Junior Boarder

#224766 1 year, 9 months ago
Listening to the replay of last night on Sirius. I was pretty bleary by the 3rd set, but as I recall, it was fairly epic. I thought the 30th was pretty good too - might have to get the downloads of these!
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#224774 1 year, 9 months ago
Also listening to the rebroadcast of last night's show...once is never enough!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#224781 1 year, 9 months ago
Wide Spread Panic 12/31/12 from Charlotte

On Sirius channel 29~Jam On

Just started
The following user(s) said Thank You: SugarMee
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#224902 1 year, 9 months ago
Been starting all over from their beginning on LMA and my collection while reading Deadhead's Taping Compendium, Volume 1.

Currently groovin' to the sounds from "Fillmore West 1969" and Live Dead came from this run of shows so it's a real treat after listening to all those Kesey Tests from '69

Wish I had the Complete Recordings 10 Disc Box Set from this incredibly performed and recorded run.

Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by DigiGal.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#225799 1 year, 9 months ago
I recorded this 1969 TV special from PBS, and just got around to watching it. It's fascinating, I can see why it was controversial at the time with the remarks made about Vietnam. Great footage of 60's events and beautful S & G music and them in the studio. I recommend it if you notice it in the listings!

Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by SunshineSue.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds