• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
starlite16
Junior Boarder

last one

#109416 2 years, 6 months ago
and nothing will come close-ever. me too Big Guy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, Bilbo, SunshineSue, mortimer
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: last one

#109531 2 years, 6 months ago
starlite16 wrote:
and nothing will come close-ever. me too Big Guy.

"Got nowhere to go ain't that a shame". This should be a freakin commercial for staying the fuck away from H. Bad shit. Painful for me to watch Jerry age so quickly. He looks way too old for a 51 year old man in the prime of his life.

Poor Jerry.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#109535 2 years, 6 months ago
Screw that jerry lived HIS life HIS way and made no apologys for it.That to me is freedom.I thank him for the music and wish he would have hung around a bit longer.I tip my hat to his fuck it gotta die sometime attitude.Kills me to even think that the thing that might have killed him was QUITTING.Then again what the hell do i know i m just some old and in the way hippy.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#109542 2 years, 6 months ago
Man I beg to differ with anyone who thinks having a monkey on their back is living free. I've seen enough examples of people whose only purpose is to get that fix. I have to think Jerry was not happy with himself when that video was shot. It's painful to watch. There are so many examples of when he was the best at what he did that just contrast too much to this video, or the one I saw from MSG '94 yesterday.

While I've never heard Jerry talk about heroin in an interview, I did see some videos made with Phil Anselmo from Pantera, and he talks about how it is the only thing that mattered to him when in the throes of addiction. It seems a shame when anyone who is creative has that creative spirt hampered by substance abuse/addiction. And I'm not talking about what they refer in Amsterdam as soft drugs either.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#109557 2 years, 6 months ago
I don't think it was necessarily the opiates that made Jerry age. Cocaine is physiologically worse on the body then opiates. Opiate addiction is no fun, and it does numb a person to their drive and desire, but it's not that damaging physically. However, all the years on the road, eating crappy food, not getting regular, proper sleep, using all sorts of drugs, and the stress to give your best every day, is more I believe what led to Jerry's demise. I was an addict for years, and there are people who are on pain medication for life, but can function and live otherwise perfectly happy lives. Addiction is no fun when you're stuck and want to quit, but alcohol, cocaine, and speed (methamphetamines) are much more damaging on the body than opiates are.

I used an amazing medicine from a tree from an African rainforest, called Tabernanthe iboga. The main alkaloid is called ibogaine. It removes cravings and withdrawal from opiates, and it also works as an addiction interrupter for nearly any drug, even sugar or cigarettes. I kicked a 7 year addiction to opiates (half of the time was methadone) with a single dose of iboga extract. It's a psychedelic drug that gives a trip that lasts for a couple days, and most people wouldn't enjoy the trip. It's much different than LSD or mushrooms, but in the same family of drugs. It can be dangerous for people with heart trouble, though, and it's unfortunately illegal in the US. However, one can go to Canada, Mexico, South America, or various places in Europe to get treatment.

If someone really wants to quit, and is determined to do it, iboga makes it as easy as possible by removing nearly all the withdrawal in most cases, and the cravings, so people can recover much faster, and avoid much of the suffering. There is lots of info about it on the internet, and although it still takes determination for the addict, and a change in lifestyle, the iboga can really help this process. The trip often helps people get to the root of their problem, and the physical withdrawal and cravings are greatly reduced, if not eliminated altogether. For me, and my habit, it still took me a couple weeks after, with a little bit of goosebumps, and sniffles here and there, but none of the acute, awful withdrawal that I would have experienced without iboga. I had tried numerous other detoxes, and the withdrawal always got so unbearable, I would relapse because I would be so desperate to get relief after days or weeks of suffering. With the iboga, this was gone, and it made it extremely easy.

Since I kicked the first time, I have had a couple injuries in which I had to take pain meds for an extended period, and I have used small amounts of iboga to quit, after both those times. It truly makes it simple. After my first dose, I kicked a 7 year habit, quit cigs, stopped eating sweets, and drinking soda, as well! It's too bad Jerry couldn't have tried iboga, before he got so bad off, as it may have been able to help him change his lifestyle, so that we could still be enjoying his beautiful guitar licks, and wonderful personality today!

Anyways, if anyone needs any more info about iboga, or would like some information on the science, feel free to ask! i enjoy sharing my story with others who are battling addiction.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by GratefulDad420.
starlite16
Junior Boarder

#109688 2 years, 6 months ago
I do not really feel any of these comments are appropriate. How many of you are watching reality TV?
I am in as much pain as he and have never touched H or MOST drugs.
HURT that is severe is hard and was for him.
AND HE WAS SICK AND F***** TIRED OF WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO THE SCENE. HE SAID SO. HE also SAID "I DO NOT WANNA BE ANYONE'S GOD anymore!"
MAYBE THE COMMENTS SHOULD BE ABOUIT HIS FINALLY MAKING WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN the SUCCESFUL TIME in rehab AND HIS DIABETES, WEIGHT, WEAKNESS, HEART ANDSleep APNEA GAVE OUT. That IS WHAT MATTERS.
Especially these daze when young people dew not care what the H*** they put in thier bodies.
I did not post this excpet for heart and finding it. and missing him and letting myself feel it and how not cool most o fthe scene got in the early 90s and NOW.
I wept while touching my hand to his face here.
I thought people would say "miss you big guy." I want that road too, jerry. Just one to lead me home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, Bakes
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds