• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

Take that dog off to play

#109300 2 years, 8 months ago
God bless all, good people who know how to treat an animal . And may it be done , to stop the common problem of poor care such as being tied to a chain most of his or her life and crappy shelters with leaky roofs. Simple things are left turning the cheek to because just a few simple laws. Many states and countries do not allow things go noticed and not be deaLT WITH. tHERES NO EXCUSE HOW ANIMALS CAN BE TIED TO A CHAIN ALL THIER LIFE and not given freedom to run , walk, or take a ride in the car to do some laundry or even get a pack of gum. rides anywhere ...or walks anywhere. But leaky houses. and no straw in snow. Or no shade in the summer. This country needs to tighten up just a few things and be firm when one is a pet owner. Im not talkin givibg Foo Foo a chinchilla sweate with her name on it or letting sparky break up your marriage by sllepin in the bed...

theres a fine line. Try and find it. listen to this song and take a hike.

Elderly woman behind a small counter on the shelf next to the baseball cards above the evaporated Milk or whatever the heck its titled.
had me crying today....man these songs can make a grown man crY

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by iraqistatefair.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

Re: Elderly woman behind a small conter in a town

#109302 2 years, 8 months ago
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#109304 2 years, 8 months ago
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#109377 2 years, 8 months ago
There are some dogs that require muzzles or to be chained up when outside, even for responsible, loving owners, just due to their temperament. I think outside on a chain with food and water is better than euthanizing them. Some dogs just don't listen and aren't safe for everyone, except their owners, in which case keeping them on a chain seems acceptable to me. Also, sometimes leaving a dog in a cool car with the windows cracked for 3-4 hours while a traveling owner has things to do, isn't necessarily cruel. I mean plenty of people go to work and have to keep their animals locked up in a house, for 8-9 hours a day, and that is acceptable. All dogs don't need 1,000's of feet to run wild all day every day, and they still get treated very well by the owner.

I think a pet owner should take into consideration their lifestyle before choosing a specific dog, but I don't think that just keeping a dog in a car or on a chain is necessarily cruel. Many people rescue dogs from the pound and certain death, but they travel, and sometimes have to leave them, but this is much better than what would happen to them, should they not be given a home. As long as the dogs aren't locked in a hot or freezing place, or for extremely long, or deprived of food and water, I don't see a problem.

Also, keep in mind, many of these kids on tour, actually live in a car themselves, and they probably figure if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for their dogs. I knew a hippie girl who rescued a couple dogs, but lived in her car. She had to make sure the dogs were locked up sometimes, but she loved and cared for them very well. And these are dogs that surely would have been killed if she hadn't rescued them. So I wouldn't assume that every time you see a dog locked in a car or on a chain, that the owner is neglectful.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by GratefulDad420. Reason: Adding more
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#109783 2 years, 8 months ago
No you are right not every dog on a chain or in a car is neglected. I have lived in a car with 2 dogs before. I took them out to run all the time and had a blast with them. That was in santa cruz. In Eugene, I had a dog who had 9 puppies and i cared for them in a van til they were old enough to adopt out.
Also, I have had dogs that were kept outside on a chain for part of the day and lthen let them off to run or go for walks FREQUENTLY !!!

so your right, its not always neglect or abuse.
I was talking about dogs who are NEVER taken off the chain----- and sleep, eat, and use the bathroom in the same area every single day of thier life. That is abuse. its torture both mentally and physically.

Yes, there are good pet owners out there.
And there are people who shouldnt be pet owners.
And a few simple laws to be met if they do.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by iraqistatefair.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds