• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

thank you Brent -

#109213 2 years, 8 months ago

This song on a sunday obviously rings louder than other days cause its the day of worship in most churchs. Every member of the band rips so hard on this song showing the power of the Lord is so strong and just golden. Mickey and Billy make it what it is and Jerry just shreds through like a messanger from heaven tellin the story of S & D. But the organs from Brent are so overpowering and he is able to let loose his instrument on this song to the fullest and making it so much fun , and thats what god is. I wish i was able to hear him play that organ live. When i saw the dead 10 7 94, Vince was the man on keys. So many songs even through recordings, get so into my bones and soul through his organ and piano playing. God i love this song! God i love the organ. God I love brent and the GD. God is good and his love cannot be topped or taken lightly because it is real. And the way Brent makes his organ, the soul of any church, wail on this song straight from the bible just makes me so happy and grateful for life(we used to play for silver).
Just giving yall a needed weekly dose of the story of Mr Samson and Miss Delilah by Jehovas FAVORITE CHIOR.

Enjoy this day and have a great week everyone !!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by iraqistatefair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

Re: thank you Brent -

#109216 2 years, 8 months ago

As Bobby said many times "it being Sunday we'll do a song of spiritual derivation"

Check this video out.... this where the GD got it from
These are the good old days!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by BillyDeLion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, iraqistatefair, bluetrainsugaree
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#109218 2 years, 8 months ago
And they ran with it!!!!!
***1940 xmass eve in a cool part of town Stagger lee met billy delions and he blew that poor boy down.
do u knoW what he shot him 4 what dew u make o that
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by iraqistatefair.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#109222 2 years, 8 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
And they ran with it!!!!!
***1940 xmass eve in a cool part of town Stagger lee met billy delions and he blew that poor boy down.
do u knoW what he shot him 4 what dew u make o that

Yeah hope I don't have the same outcome as the song's B.D. I don't roll loaded dice and I won't be stealing anyone's Stetson hat anytime soon so i should be OK.

At the risk of coming across as a nitpicker, it was a full moon over town, not a cool part of town.

PS Brent was great. Love that Hammond organ and electric keys sound...
These are the good old days!!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#109228 2 years, 8 months ago
Jerry, a messenger of the Christian god? Blahahaha
It's all good man. I'd tear this old building down! Happy Sunday to you as well
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bakes.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#109229 2 years, 8 months ago
you arrest the girls for turning tricks, but you're scared of stagger lee...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds