• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

medicinal marijuana and CA education system

#108909 2 years, 8 months ago
Hi everybody this is a serious question to all you Californians and specifically those of you who are educators. My girlfriend and I are moving to the bay area after we receive our master's degrees in may, mine is in geology/igneous Petrology and she is specializing in counseling and student education/growth. We both use marijuana for medical reasons and I am planning on starting another grow room for personal use on the west coast. What are the legal entanglements for her being involved in the education system. I do not want to jeopardize her career for making a stupid mistake or not going through the right venues. We've been on the west coast frequently and already have friends in the biz but trying to maintain a job with children and provide medicine as cheaply as possible in a new state is unfamiliar. Any advice on the matter.

PS we are already familiar with the dispensary system
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: medicinal marijuana and CA education system

#109664 2 years, 8 months ago
Bump...nobody has any words of advice? No Cali -educators on this forum?
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#109705 2 years, 8 months ago
I lived in NorCal for a good bit and ran a medical grow, and it seems with a medical license, anyone is legal to grow a certain amount (depends on your county) and use it legally. I am not sure about specific professions, however, because some companies/employers can and do drug test and can deny a position if cannabis is in your system. You all would need to talk to specific people in your profession to find out about that part. In NorCal, it seems even some of the authorities smoke the herb. It's much more liberal north of San Fran, for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#109719 2 years, 8 months ago
Here's my advice: you get the medical card and supply the medicine for both of you. She doesn't get the card. That way they will not know about her and she stays off the list. It really depends on where you are. In most of the state there are so many people with the cards the cops mostly just assume you are a card holder. If she were to get busted- just go and get the card and show it to the judge... If one gets caught with a oz or less it's a $100 parking ticket.

I am forgetting the term- but you put her down as your helper and that way if they bust your grow room, she can be there legally.

As far as growing- you should be fine. Each county is different. Some counties allow you to grtow only a few plants and have a total amount of pot, others allow 100 plants or more. San Diego right now is not the best of places to be growing medical marijuana for personal use. They'll likely hand you to the DEA. Up north it's fine. Here in Los Angeles, for the most part it is fine.

What I might do if I was in your shoes: When you first get your card, find a respectable shop, and tell them you might be interested in buying some of their starter plants, but you are concerned, etc etc. and seek advice.... they'll tell you the local area's history, etc.

But I live in cali and I won't get a card. I'm not sick. But I do have a $300,000 life insurance policy for my wife. Having a card means they (insurance) could very well invalidate my policy and not pay her the $$ (should I die, which if it works out the way I plan just will never happen... )
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by lostsailor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#109729 2 years, 8 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
I am forgetting the term- but you put her down as your helper and that way if they bust your grow room, she can be there legally.

Is it caretaker?
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds