• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: So, What was the scam?

#109020 2 years, 8 months ago
Again if the forum had a table possibly we could help with the ticket exchange. How do we go about getting a table at shows?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#109022 2 years, 8 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
Again if the forum had a table possibly we could help with the ticket exchange. How do we go about getting a table at shows?

I don't know but if we did I would love to help on the bay area shows.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
volare
Senior Boarder

#109024 2 years, 8 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:

I see the only difficulty with that would be establishing credibility, as basically you are asking people to turn their tickets over to you, with only the promise that they will get their cash later.

But, if you could get the Furthur management to give the Forum table some type of endorsement, you'd be in business!
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#109035 2 years, 8 months ago
yeah the credibility would be the biggest issue.

do we have a direct line e-mail to the management of the band?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#109050 2 years, 8 months ago
I don't think that we should ever get involved in anyones money transactions but we could be a place to exchange contacts similar to the fan connect link but face to face. Therefore no credibility needed.We could do some good at shows.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#109052 2 years, 8 months ago
You guys, that would be really really cool to set up something like that. That is the exact type of grassroots movement we need. To take a bite out of scalping like that would be unprecedented!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#109053 2 years, 8 months ago
Yup, they buy way under face value, generally. If someone tries to get more than they are willing to sell for they will show them their big stack of tickets and claim the market is saturated. Basically they prey on people desperate to unload tickets and willing to get any cash for them on one side and people desperate to get tickets on the other. Its not a pretty scene, and like I said I am 95% sure they are all working for the one or two major scalping operations that run the internet trade and they do this for a living.

You are on the mark here. When I lived in Vancouver I used to see the same scalper scumbag outside almost every football, hockey, basketball or concert event. "Anyone buying OR selling tickets?" he would yell. He knows he can low ball you if you want to sell and flash that wad of tickets when he does, then he ensures him and his scuz buds are the only ones with tickets as kickoff approaches cause they have scooped them all up. I had a run in with him once when I was camped out for Oasis tix (circa 1997) and he asked me how many tickets I was getting and if I pick him up some more up to my ticket limit he would give me some $ to which I said no thanks. He was a greasy little fuck too. I got third row centre for that show. Another douche in line had been paid by this scalper to hold a spot in line all night and right before tickets went on sale there were aobut 50 people lined up, he knew the ticketmaster security guy by name and tried to step in front of the first few of us in line. He almost got a beating before being convinced to step back to his spot.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#109056 2 years, 8 months ago
great idea tim. as i mentioned earlier, i'm in.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
volare
Senior Boarder

#109057 2 years, 8 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
I don't think that we should ever get involved in anyones money transactions but we could be a place to exchange contacts similar to the fan connect link but face to face.

I like the idea, perhaps a booth with a big white board. Then all the volunteers would do is write the info on the board of who has how many tickets for sale and at what price.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
mok
Junior Boarder

#109153 2 years, 8 months ago
volare wrote:
Tmglf2 wrote:
I don't think that we should ever get involved in anyones money transactions but we could be a place to exchange contacts similar to the fan connect link but face to face.

I like the idea, perhaps a booth with a big white board. Then all the volunteers would do is write the info on the board of who has how many tickets for sale and at what price.

As much as I dislike them, Ticketmaster seems to be the best contact for this since they already have the market cornered. I.e. all of these tickets and owners are just entries in their database, so it would be best if you could sell them back to TM when not needed; maybe on consignment. They could then pay for them only if they have a buyer. This at least gets around fake tickets since they control the whole enterprise and presumably they would figure out how to make a buck on transaction fees for each exchange. The downside is that they are bastards.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds