• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Transportation, On the road vehicles

#108893 2 years, 8 months ago
SUBARU. i've been riding in a 98 subaru legacy outback her name is charlene. she's pushing 225,000 miles and she runs like a thoroughbred. back seats fold down, place to sleep, and plenty of room for your stuff, and a copilot up front. dual sunroofs, heated mirrors/wipers/seats, leather, cd/tape...i'm going to drive her until she can't. she's great all weather anywhere all year round. all wheel drive is huge if you live in an area like mine for winters. does excellent on gas for highway. honestly i got it because it seemed like a perfect touring vehicle, and it is.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, DangerousDan
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#108899 2 years, 8 months ago
I second that nomination. A friend has Forrester for band stuff and traveling and its always been great...we just got a 2011 impreza and the sound system with blue tooth allows us to stream vibe vault and music right through the car stereo which has been an invaluable accompaniment on show days and just general road trips. Drove a Volvo wagon from 90 for a number of years and put 300000+ on the odometer before the back wheel fell off and the exhaust system fell out of the car front to back. All cars have problems but between the Volvo, VW, Toyota, and Honda's I've burned through so far cant hold a thing to the Subaru and if you live somewhere with frequent and varying inclement weather like I do then the awd is a safe and desirable feature....though the extra mechanical gear required for awd does make the car heavier than say a Honda civic supposedly hurting some MPG ratings in certain situations.

Stickers are like a bullseye to some cops so I try and fly stealth and clean cut then I can party like a freak and hang with the normals....sometimes it can feel like an easier ride than one in the back of a cruiser!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#108901 2 years, 8 months ago
I didn't think of it, because I've never owned one.

The Subaru looks really good there. Good in snow, and versatile with the folding seats etc.

Plus you can drive it every day a lot easier than you can a cargo van.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#108902 2 years, 8 months ago
I have a 2009 Ford Fusion. The damn thing is great on gas! I can get about 500 miles to a full tank. And I don't know how many gallons it hold if I had to guess 13? It's great for long journeys I find myself stopping more for a stretch then getting gas. The longest journey I made in it was from St. louis to Georgia which was about 10 hours. Didn't have to fill up but once.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#108951 2 years, 8 months ago
Lots of good information here, i defintly plan on reupping this thread when i purchase a vehicle.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#109132 2 years, 8 months ago
subaru legacy wagon a twin size air mattress fits perfectly in the back with seats down i got 180k on her and going strong very good in all kinds of weather a dream on the highway gas is about 20-25 miles to the gallon i have a heavy foot ive taken it off road too
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#109143 2 years, 8 months ago
Subies great mileage, AWD, possible to crash in back, but if your over 6'2 200 these are not for long distances IMHO of course
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds