• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

Re: "Wolf".....John K???

#11418 3 years ago
It is great music and I used to listen to it about 70% of the time. But there is lots of other great music out there and also other great musicians.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#11423 3 years ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
It is great music and I used to listen to it about 70% of the time. But there is lots of other great music out there and also other great musicians.

Yeah I'm around that number...80% or so but everything else is older music..Beatles, Doors ect... I know there is current music but it rarely grabs me the same way
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
LightningBolt
Junior Boarder

#11424 3 years ago

This might sound dumb but what kind of guitars does John K play? I see he used a different guitar on the last tour. I should prob know this but I dont. :/

Hey GreatestStory...

John K is currently using a Paul Reed Smith. Prior he has used mostly a Carvin. All his guitars have what we musicians call "Jerry Mods". That means they have an On Board Effects Loop (OBEL) and a Unity Gain Buffer (UGB). The UGB is an on board preamp that allows the guitars sound to not be degraded by the long double cable run needed by the OBEL. That is why Jerry had two wires coming from his guitar and why most "Dead" guitarist have two as well. The OBEL allows the guitarist to turn on their effects from the guitar. It also keeps the effects stable and provides for a much more predictable effect response.

The OBEL was Jerry's personal invention.
The UGB was designed by John Cutler, the bands 90's FOH mixer and long time audio guru.

This is probably way more info then you wanted.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by LightningBolt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11426 3 years ago
>>we musicians call "Jerry Mods".

I have never heard these things referred to as "Jerry Mods" by ANY of the guitar players that I know.
Lynx
Visitor

#11440 3 years ago
Thanks LightningBolt... I like the details!
kamloops rainbow
Junior Boarder

#11463 3 years ago
Juliecatcharabit ; Thanks that is what I have been saying all along you just put it into words more people could understand......if they weren't to lazy to read it!

And if anyone reading this believes John CHANNELS Jerry........wake up, he would be much better were he really channeling the big guy.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11477 3 years ago
You can never be good if you are trying to be someone other than yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strummer101er
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#11531 3 years ago
JK has a Paul Reed Smith that he's been using lately
he has others too but I'm not sure what they are they're strat styled
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds