• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

Re: "Wolf".....John K???

#11125 3 years, 3 months ago
who the hell is this john k every1 talkin about??? this isnt tommy two-tone site??
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#11127 3 years, 3 months ago
kamloops rainbow wrote:
Bla Bla Bla John will not be part of the GRATEFUL DEAD legacy, Just a side note mentioning one of many guitar players that played with Phil and Bob AFTER JERRY died.......Further will not go down in history or be inducted into the Hall of Fame......just another band

Who cares what ripples this band causes in mainstream media.... history is told by the people. Yes Jerry died but we are trying to take it Furthur. Not living in the past but being here now.
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#11137 3 years, 3 months ago
The band is charting it's own course, as will the heads. The music will inspire people always.

My guess is people are already noticing when you're banging sold out nights and crowds approaching 18k.

Furthur has a shot to be one of the year's bigger grossing acts for 2011, and think they will be happy to stay out of the headlines.

Friends they come around...

JK playing Wolf just doesn't fit. Maybe in a Jerry tribute show where everyone took a turn sharing a rip off Garcia's rig, which I think would be cool. But JK's got his own thing going on, and finally stepping up in the mix. Sure his style has Jerry influence, so would any head that played music, no less GD tunes, but he has his own subtle take. They should let him sing an original. What the heck?
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Cornjulio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
canam
Fresh Boarder

#11140 3 years, 3 months ago
Bad news for some......already happened

DSC_1611.jpg

DSO: 10/05/2006 Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

Set 1: Sugar Magnolia> Uncle John> Dancin> Dark Star> Gimme Some Lovin> Heart of Me> Music> Sunshine Daydream> Liberty
Set 2: Strange, Minglewood, Scarlet> Fire, Terrapin*> Drums> Space> Sugaree**> Cassidy> China Cat**> I Know You Rider
Encore: Mighty Quinn***, Around
Filler: None

Notes: John played "Wolf" - Special guest keyboardist Dan Klepinger - Special guest soundman Dan Healy - Second set with special guest Bob Weir (Eaton sat out) - *Bob Weir on vocals - **Bob and John alternate vocals - ***with Rob Eaton and Bob Weir
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by canam. Reason: adding date
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#11145 3 years, 3 months ago
canam wrote:
Bad news for some......already happened

DSC_1611.jpg

DSO: 10/05/2006 Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

Set 1: Sugar Magnolia> Uncle John> Dancin> Dark Star> Gimme Some Lovin> Heart of Me> Music> Sunshine Daydream> Liberty
Set 2: Strange, Minglewood, Scarlet> Fire, Terrapin*> Drums> Space> Sugaree**> Cassidy> China Cat**> I Know You Rider
Encore: Mighty Quinn***, Around
Filler: None

Notes: John played "Wolf" - Special guest keyboardist Dan Klepinger - Special guest soundman Dan Healy - Second set with special guest Bob Weir (Eaton sat out) - *Bob Weir on vocals - **Bob and John alternate vocals - ***with Rob Eaton and Bob Weir

Thanks for the picture...
Lazylightnin
Fresh Boarder

#11158 3 years, 3 months ago
Let JK play it again with Furthur.... Would love to see it!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53, Abba
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#11257 3 years, 3 months ago
This might sound dumb but what kind of guitars does John K play? I see he used a different guitar on the last tour. I should prob know this but I dont. :/
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#11299 3 years, 3 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold wrote:
This might sound dumb but what kind of guitars does John K play? I see he used a different guitar on the last tour. I should prob know this but I dont. :/

To my knowledge, I've seen a couple...he owns one that looks like Wolf..color wise but the neck is diff...

Let John K play Wolf with Furthur...not trying to get John to mimic Jerry but honor him... Yes John plays his own style but he definately channels Jerry
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#11367 3 years, 3 months ago
John is the man
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#11369 3 years, 3 months ago
Who cares who plays what guitar. It's a guitar, a tool to channel the music. Nothing more, nothing less.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds