• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: Post-Tour Emotional Crash

#109188 2 years, 6 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
After traveling for shows I almost always experience a post-tour emotional crash. It's like a mild depression, but that may be overstating it a bit. It happened again after my holiday travels and I'm still in a funk. This didn't happen when I was in my 20s and I'm just curious if anyone else experiences these types of post-tour crashes.

Phil and friends ougthta be a good boost taper. Looking forward to meeting more forum folks. Still tryin' to get home from the NY's shows....where did everyone go?
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#109190 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah It's hard gettin back to what those squares call 'reality'. I'm usually just full of smiles and in a daze for the first week and then it hits. My wallett starts bitchin at me, my work is, well work, and even good ol' archive can't do justice to what i had witnessed the week prior, but it helps, and so do all you kind and gracious heads.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#109211 2 years, 6 months ago
When heading home after a string of shows I do find myself dreading getting back to the day to day dog shit but once I'm back in my groove, getting up early, going to the gym, a few pints down the pub in the afternoon, take the kids out swimming or something ...then I'm back on track. I do get pissed when I miss out on shows though. This fall i couldn't get away from work for two close shows. Ah well. See ya at the Beacon.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#109217 2 years, 6 months ago
I can relate to the let down but what really can jar me is relating to non-heads after a run, its like I'm from Mars and you must be from West Bumblefuck.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#109243 2 years, 6 months ago
A post-tour emotional crash is normal. Touring is something you choose. It is powerful and personal to you, as well as your touring friends. Many aspects of our daily lives we are stuck with, which seems unfair because it makes us feel tied down. But, making plans for "furthur" down the road gives us something to look forward to, and the forum community aids in quelling those blues, right?!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan, SunshineSue
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#109320 2 years, 6 months ago
Wundurland wrote:
A post-tour emotional crash is normal. Touring is something you choose. It is powerful and personal to you, as well as your touring friends. Many aspects of our daily lives we are stuck with, which seems unfair because it makes us feel tied down. But, making plans for "furthur" down the road gives us something to look forward to, and the forum community aids in quelling those blues, right?!

Yes this community sure does help ease the pain like a big ol box of rain, it was fun rockin out with you and Strider on the bus and new years wundurland!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan, scar1et_f1re, Strider1, Wundurland
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#109329 2 years, 6 months ago
I know how it feels, especially the night before I go back to work but it dosn't last long. Having shows in the future definitley helps with it and then listening to the SBD's of the shows you saw does for me to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#109330 2 years, 6 months ago
It goes both ways in my opinion. For instance after a good show, you will have a after show buzz for a few weeks not neccescarily a good buzz but sometimes down since your wishing you were shakeing your bones but then you can think back on the awesomeness. Cheers
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#109337 2 years, 6 months ago
katie mae wrote:
Hell yeah, I always feel this way after a run, but particularly after a really fantastic run. Let's face it, the environment of a show situation is very unique in this world, so to be immersed in that for a few days, and all that goes with it, then BAM! You're back home to the regular grind, its really jarring to one's senses. It's no wonder so many folks feel let down after a show/run. I find listening to the music a lot right after I get home seems to help a bit. I remember how lucky I am to still be going to shows when so many of my friends are too lazy, or caught up in life's little minutae to take time out and just have the kinds of experiences that a show brings us.

I couldn't agree more with almost everything katie said. Only diff for me is I get it after every time I travel. Even if it's only for one show.

Its much easier for me if I can have a day or two at home before going back to work. If I go right back to work its like "WTF" I do not belong "here" Much worse if I leave a tour before it ends.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#109386 2 years, 6 months ago
my only regret was not hooking up with forum members
I love you guys a lot
lets make it happen next time