• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Post-Tour Emotional Crash

#108166 2 years, 7 months ago
Absolutely happens. It's almost like I feel guilty for having such a great time. I come home and now I focus on my family. It just seems like for nov and dec I was so focused on furthur. Now it's time to keep the my spirits alive and going.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#108170 2 years, 7 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:
thanks Emily. i also wish we had more time to hang out. i feel bad that i missed the group picture on NYE, but i'm sure we'll get more opportunities. are you going to any of the Phil & Friends shows in February or the east coast Furthur shows in April?

Not doing the Phil and Friends and I may possibly head east for some shows....I'm thinking the last two Furthur dates in April. But I plan on heading West again if Phil's Bday bash is out that way in March!!! Maybe at Terrapin Crossing...hmm yea that sounds like a great place for his bday bash!!!!!!

Something in my head told me I need to go to Phil and friends next month! Just called my friend asking if they want to drive out with me! We are getting our tickets this weekend!!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, mcolleen
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#108175 2 years, 7 months ago
Whenever I get into the post shows blues mood, I try to remember how appreciative I am of the shows themselves. Like the mind attempting to convince itself of something that it's not buying into, I never totally works, but...
I do like the idea about transfering the positive energy to the day to day, though as a natural born cynic, this also is a stretch.

The best way I have found to overcome this pain, is to look forward to new shows. I was so happy that the east coast (Beacon) shows were announced b4 new years. I am not sure that Days Between was written about the days between shows, though sometimes it does feel that way.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#108201 2 years, 7 months ago
I always have experienced this but have not had it affect me this run yet. Maybe the fact that this run was so special might hold it abay a little longer. It's sure nice to relive through pix to keep those blues away.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#108226 2 years, 7 months ago
i know it all too well, although i did not experience it much after NYE for two reasons i believe. first, i was thoroughly satisfied with the NYE weekend. you don't get that kind of fill every string of shows. second, i will be getting that kind of phil in 5 weeks in broomfield! so i've got something quick on the horizon to look forward to. maybe i notice it more when i'm driving. which i normally do. and it looks like flights for a while from here on out.

when i do come home from tour for a week or so i t's just a lot of pot, food, sleep and playing my bass
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#108230 2 years, 7 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:
thanks Emily. i also wish we had more time to hang out. i feel bad that i missed the group picture on NYE, but i'm sure we'll get more opportunities. are you going to any of the Phil & Friends shows in February or the east coast Furthur shows in April?

Not doing the Phil and Friends and I may possibly head east for some shows....I'm thinking the last two Furthur dates in April. But I plan on heading West again if Phil's Bday bash is out that way in March!!! Maybe at Terrapin Crossing...hmm yea that sounds like a great place for his bday bash!!!!!!

Something in my head told me I need to go to Phil and friends next month! Just called my friend asking if they want to drive out with me! We are getting our tickets this weekend!!!!

Emily: that's great news! only about 5 weeks away, and it's gonna be tons of fun.

this thread has definitely lifted my spirits. thanks for all the positive responses.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#108247 2 years, 7 months ago
We are always here if you need your spirits lifted or just need to smile!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#108251 2 years, 7 months ago
Trent: too funny cuz we just said this to each other last night! Because we were traveling & going non-stop & each character, each song, each show,( each drug) seemed to top the previous one...now we're back to work & it's not nearly as much fun! But the Beacon run will be here soon! . .
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
katie mae
Junior Boarder

#108277 2 years, 7 months ago
Hell yeah, I always feel this way after a run, but particularly after a really fantastic run. Let's face it, the environment of a show situation is very unique in this world, so to be immersed in that for a few days, and all that goes with it, then BAM! You're back home to the regular grind, its really jarring to one's senses. It's no wonder so many folks feel let down after a show/run. I find listening to the music a lot right after I get home seems to help a bit. I remember how lucky I am to still be going to shows when so many of my friends are too lazy, or caught up in life's little minutae to take time out and just have the kinds of experiences that a show brings us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, amusingdeva, Strider1
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#109175 2 years, 7 months ago
Guess that I am super lucky to not relate to this crash. A boost happens to my emotional state as the physical tiredness does set in and takes a few days to overcome. Every time I feel a rejuvenation to my soul after seeing a set of shows. Always thankful to have opportunity to take part in the magical experience, get filled up and look forward to other times that are possibilities to see the band again. We are blessed to have a chance to see these artists and have been since the day they picked up their instrument for the first time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds