• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Post-Tour Emotional Crash

#108122 2 years, 9 months ago
After traveling for shows I almost always experience a post-tour emotional crash. It's like a mild depression, but that may be overstating it a bit. It happened again after my holiday travels and I'm still in a funk. This didn't happen when I was in my 20s and I'm just curious if anyone else experiences these types of post-tour crashes.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Post-Tour Emotional Crash

#108128 2 years, 9 months ago
Trent, I wish we could have hung out more NYE!

I know exactly what you mean! I call it the post tour blues... Surprisingly I didn't experince it as bad this time around. But in November it took two possibly three weeks for me to get back to normal. I was just so sad the good times seemed to be over.

You did a lot of traveling too. That can alway wear you down....Thinking of you Trent! I know some good shows will be in the Bay Area shortly to get you outta this funk! LOVE TO U BROTHER!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#108129 2 years, 9 months ago
thanks Emily. i also wish we had more time to hang out. i feel bad that i missed the group picture on NYE, but i'm sure we'll get more opportunities. are you going to any of the Phil & Friends shows in February or the east coast Furthur shows in April?
Chester
More or less in line

#108133 2 years, 9 months ago
"Post tour blues". Yup. I know that feeling. Your not alone in that. It does pass. Just focus on spring.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

#108134 2 years, 9 months ago
[quote="taper.tsquare" post=108122]After traveling for shows I almost always experience a post-tour emotional crash. It's like a mild depression, but that may be overstating it a bit. It happened again after my holiday travels and I'm still in a funk. This didn't happen when I was in my 20s and I'm just curious if anyone else experiences these types of post-tour crashes.[/quote

Personally, I think it means more to us now than in our 20's, at least for me, but i've only come to realize that recently. I guess in our 20's we all feel kinda invincible...like it'll never end. I "suck the life" out of every moment of every show now...lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: DED4LIF
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#108136 2 years, 9 months ago
I get that after long festivals sometimes. You just gotta transfer all that spiritual, positive, good energy whatever into your daily life. Yeah, realizing daily life can sometimes be a bummer which can turn the blues on after such a great high.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

#108137 2 years, 9 months ago
Bakes wrote:
I get that after long festivals sometimes. You just gotta transfer all that spiritual, positive, good energy whatever into your daily life. Yeah, realizing daily life can sometimes be a bummer which can turn the blues on after such a great high.

I was just trying to make this point on my other thread "Greatest NYE Ever"

Ya gotta transfer this energy into your daily life!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#108142 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
thanks Emily. i also wish we had more time to hang out. i feel bad that i missed the group picture on NYE, but i'm sure we'll get more opportunities. are you going to any of the Phil & Friends shows in February or the east coast Furthur shows in April?

Not doing the Phil and Friends and I may possibly head east for some shows....I'm thinking the last two Furthur dates in April. But I plan on heading West again if Phil's Bday bash is out that way in March!!! Maybe at Terrapin Crossing...hmm yea that sounds like a great place for his bday bash!!!!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#108147 2 years, 9 months ago
Yep, I always did a bit in the past, and I did even worse in November, after only 2 shows. At least it does pass eventually, though gray winter weather doesn't exactly help. Hang in there!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#108153 2 years, 9 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:

Not doing the Phil and Friends and I may possibly head east for some shows....I'm thinking the last two Furthur dates in April. But I plan on heading West again if Phil's Bday bash is out that way in March!!! Maybe at Terrapin Crossing...hmm yea that sounds like a great place for his bday bash!!!!!!

yeah, you're right. a birthday show at Terrapin Crossroads makes a lot of sense.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds