• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Furthur Contract?

#108452 2 years, 3 months ago
2 years is not that far ahead, a year is very little time!! especially for an national endeavour like this. the logistics must be pretty daunting!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#108494 2 years, 3 months ago
**cough** Hogwash **cough**
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#108610 2 years, 3 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
There is no contract, and any talk of a contract is nothing but hogwash (but I could be wrong, just what I've been hearing).
Is Hogwash even a word that people still use?

It most certainly is! I took my pigs to the hogwash today, got them scrubbed down and then had them waxed/buffed. They really shine now.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#108614 2 years, 3 months ago
As someone who works in the "biz", and has worked on tours, etc. allow me to weigh in on this. First, I noticed a trend with Furthur, and other bands as well, which is they're playing more back to back shows. Days off cost (i.e. no revenue that day)
and you pay for hotels for all personnel, plus you're still paying for sound/lights/buses/trucks. Now the reason I bring this up is it would appear that Bob/Phil are looking to maximize the return on their work, and cut expenses. While Phil/Friends, Ratdog, et al will generally carry a smaller production they'll also play smaller venues. However Furthur has become a brand, with the potential to play larger venues and as a result make more money.

Now on the other hand it seems Phil and Bobby want a little change of pace, which is good for them in hopes they fulfill their own musical needs. Whereas last year there was only Furthur, this year looks to be different, obviously. My money says you'll see a few less Furthur shows this year, but give them a little time to spread their wings, so to speak. However they know where their real bread and butter is, and they know what the demand is (i.e. what we want) and I think all our fears of two years off will be just rumors (i.e. hogwash)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds