• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur Contract?

#108295 2 years, 3 months ago
yeah ryan all you heard was straight bullshit. one downside to these online message boards is people believe whatever they read. someone else already referenced it but jk clears up the contract rumor quite nicely in an interview. he states what everybody figured. haters will always hate right? i have a feeling furthur might give us one last huge banger this summer including furthur festival and maybe a big coast to coast july aug tour...after that it might be settle down time at terrapin and tri while jk works on his own thing
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet, 23atwell
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#108352 2 years, 3 months ago
look at the big picture guys.
bob and phil make alot of money with furthur, and now they are both puttin their money where their harts are(lucky for me it happens to be just 4 hour drive down the lovely 1).
seriously, im sure what happend was bob and phil relized, they could make more money playin together than apart, so thats what they did. but if think furthur is goin last forever your wrong. nothing does, and its good thing. i totally love furthur for the record. im just being realistic. its not to say that phl and and bob are in it solely for the cash, but fuck, if you think thye dont consider it, your naive. the only member of furthur that aint goin anywhere is jeff, cause jeff is the man. if you were at the NYE run, i mean, did they passs the mic to him ONCE, that he didnt deliver? no. jeff or phil save it everytime JK goes to noodle city, i LOVED the way phil thundered into truckin on the 29th(i was like thank you phil!!! for savin us from the noodles!!!)
seriously, did anyone find my panties in SF?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#108430 2 years, 3 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
There is no contract, and any talk of a contract is nothing but hogwash (but I could be wrong, just what I've been hearing).
Is Hogwash even a word that people still use?

I dont use that word often (hogwash) but I still hear it from time to time. Hey if this is a rumor at least it's one with good vibes. A pleasant change ( I think)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#108431 2 years, 3 months ago
fourwnds wrote:
Really, I hope u guys are wrong I only got to see them 4 times!. This thought has me bummed as I was hoping to catch them many more times this year. Who else am I goin to see to get "the fix" for lack of a better way to put it

These r either wild guesses or at best educated guesses. Key word is guesses, and I personally think they are wrong. They love playing together and it's a fact that the band has been quoted many times saying that the fans are a vital part to the shows. The band may start the fun but it's the "feedback" and interaction between the audience and the band that takes it to a higher level. Thats one reason (IMO) they have almost always been super on at some venues like the Greek redrocks Boston garden msg plus plus. You just cannot get the same high at TC or TRI. But they are state of the art recording studios. I don't recall any studio stuff since in the dark (or built to last-I forget).

Certainly too early to get upset at someones guesses. Rumors have said phil was done since Jerry passed away if not earlier. Clearly just noise there.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#108435 2 years, 3 months ago
Who is it that they would be "on contract" with anyway? Thought Phils whife Jill was the manager, I cant think of who else a band that isnt on a classic type record contract to produce albums would be on contract with.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#108440 2 years, 3 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
There is no contract, and any talk of a contract is nothing but hogwash (but I could be wrong, just what I've been hearing).
Is Hogwash even a word that people still use?

How can you use that word? Hogwash? Really? Your tomfoolery is complete and total boulderdash. I mean jeepers......
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#108442 2 years, 3 months ago
I don't think Furthur was/is in it just for the money, sure it's nice making more but if it was just for the money they wouldn't be playing venues that sell out in a split second - they could of easily sold out some bigger venues in NYC and made more money but instead there making a nice special, intimate tour for all those going.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#108443 2 years, 3 months ago
sounds to me like they extended furthur to run up until the core four reunion in 1965 for a fifty year anniversary blowout!! maybe their just taking jk along with them an wanted some as much time to turn on the heat and get this pot boiling over by 2015!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#108445 2 years, 3 months ago
fourwnds wrote:
Really, I hope u guys are wrong I only got to see them 4 times!. This thought has me bummed as I was hoping to catch them many more times this year. Who else am I goin to see to get "the fix" for lack of a better way to put it

how about DSO? they always did it for me in between any non-immediate dead family shows/tours!! they rock and definitely have been bringing that magic for years...why do you think bob and phil called up john to the ranks?!
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#108446 2 years, 3 months ago
C'mon,putting on a concert tour is a big business.I loved the old stories of the Marshall Tucker Band doing business with a handshake.With liability,contracts,travel there are contact papers to the ceiling.I do believe they are not looking to far ahead and enjoying today
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds