• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

Re: Have you ever turned someone on....

#108278 2 years, 3 months ago
Oh yeah.......I can think of about 10 people
Two were turned on at 7/31/82 Austin. They really had no more than mild curiosity, but about one minute into the
Alabama Getaway I immediately saw the transformation. They were dosed...grinnin' ear to ear and never stopped dancing.
An excellent show, and great venue. During Truckin' Bobby points in whatever direction he thinks Dallas is, then the same for New Orleans.

Still downloadable...for your listening pleasure

www.archive.org/details/gd82-07-31.aud-n...ner.19017.sbeok.shnf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
badfish61686
Junior Boarder

#108281 2 years, 3 months ago
last summer i took my wife to her first show, it was an hour ride into raliegh and i played the dead the whole ride, she put em down for the entire ride there, as soon as we were in the show her outlook on the dead changed completely. we got back home and the first thing she did before going to bed was order tickets to st augistine and alpharetta, after those we drove cross country for all 3 nights at the redrocks. shes on the bus now and aint lookin back, but with everybody else that ive tried to turn onto the dead hasnt really liked the music, but after one show they become believers
one man gathers what another man spills
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#108512 2 years, 3 months ago
Now here's an example of trying to turn someone on whose mind was too closed.
On July 23, 1990 I tried to explain to my now ex what a good time could be had if we'd drive the short 3 hrs. to Chicago to see
a Grateful Dead show at the World Amphitheater. After about two hours of trying to convince her she finally conceded.
She'd always been one of those vehemently anti-Dead types. So I get on the phone to Ticketmaster to get two tickets for the next
nights show, and the ticketmaster woman told me the show I wanted had just started an hour earlier.....well don't you suppose I felt pretty dumb:oops:
Turns out that was the last show of the tour, and Brent's last show.

I did finally get her to go to a show that following February at Oakland Colliseum, 2/21/91, but she never got on the bus.
Makes me wonder why we ever got together..................
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds