• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Gigantic conch shell

#107929 2 years, 9 months ago
This guy deserves his own thread. I saw that wlewis brought him up in another thread. This guy is so nice. Like Lewis said he knows when to blow his shell. You can hear from anywhere when he does. On the first night I was feeling real good and he came up to me and put that shell on my chest and blow as hard as he can. It sent chills through my body and felt so good. I've seen him here now for twenty years. Great guy. Thanks for bringing him up Lewis
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Gigantic conch shell

#107931 2 years, 9 months ago
Some people bring the coolest things to shows that make me feel at home.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#108444 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for letting us know atwell. Being an ocean lover that really adds to my experience albeit post wise. I was calling it the viking horn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#108454 2 years, 9 months ago
i have one of these from a trip to sanibel island when i was a kid. i used to love making a ruckuss in the neighborhood didn't ever think adults would actually be happy to hear!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Monkeyfoot
Junior Boarder

#108749 2 years, 9 months ago
My wife and I call him "Conch Guy" and he rules. At a Phil & Friends show at the Warfield in 2008 I got a hold of something bad and passed out right in the middle of the floor (appropriately) during Loser. Some kind person hauled my ass to the lobby, and as I sat there on the floor trying to get my act together, Conch Guy walks by. My wife grabs him and asks him to blow the conch. He puts the business end of that thing right up to my chest and blows one long note. All of a sudden I felt like I just woke up from 12 hours of sleep, totally rejuvenated and fresh as a daisy.

Thanks Conch Guy, wherever you are!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Sharicee
Junior Boarder
Love you all!

#108778 2 years, 9 months ago
Love his conch, he is uncanny in how he uses it so appropriately! My friends and I were saying that he most likely has a special instrument case to carry his conch, he really brings good energy!
Too pat to open and too cool to bluff...
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#108785 2 years, 9 months ago
Maybe Conch man spent some time here... Actually experience the aforementioned "conch man" @ vibes 2 years ago when he blasted that thing right by our sleeping heads. Nothing like being woken by a conch, lol.

10132008206.jpg

Actually, my husband placed second in Mcleanstown's annual conch cracking competition in the visitor's category- cracked like 3 in 5 minutes time. The Bahamians all cheered with big smiles then proceeded to crack like 30 in a minute, lol. Ever try cracked conch? It's magically delicious.

IMG_0028.JPG
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds